Gizmadrone

FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Gizmodrome - a new band featuring Stewart Copeland, Adrian Belew, Mark King & Vittorio Cosma

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Saw a clip on Facebook of Belew and Copeland playing guitar and singing a song from the new album. It was out of tune and generally shite, Stu should definitely stick to the drums. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2017
    This came up on FB page. I like most of the musicians involved here but I'm not at all sure about this.

Copeland did another collaboration years ago under the name Animal Logic with Stanley Clarke, Michael Thompson (LA Session God, and he of Xotic demo vids) and a singer/songwriter called Amy Holland. It was really good pop stuff and almost Police-tinged and was more about the song rather than the virtuosity. Whilst the virtuosity in this isn't at the forefront. Sadly, neither is the songwriting.

I think this might be another case of Sons of Apollo.

Mark King's bass is strong on this though and I've always been a fan of Copeland's drumming and he still has it!

EDIT: I just listened to the posted clip and it wasn't the song I listened to on FB. It's ok and this was the one I based my comments on

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I think Belew is the wrong guy for this band .. I'm a big fan of Belew but he's too left field for the rest of the band. Saying that I do like the track I posted.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!