Ampeg SVX 2 for AmpliTube now available

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Great news.  I wasn't aware they'd committed to that.

I guess at some point there'll be an Amplitube Max 2 as well, since the current Max doesn't include the Fender and SVX packs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited September 2017
    I'm really liking SVX2 for bass and already really liked Fender 2 for clean to medium gain guitar sounds. My impression is that there's been a noticeable step up in quality for the collections released after Amplitube 4 came out.

It's not a competition.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I'm really liking SVX2 for bass and already really liked Fender 2 for clean to medium gain guitar sounds. My impression is that there's been a noticeable step up in quality for the collections released after Amplitube 4 came out.

Let's hope the company survives the next 48 hours .. :-(

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Fretwired said:

I think the modelling dudes are in Italy right?? 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hmmm, I went looking for a Amplitube Fender 2 upgrade from Fender 1, and it seems there is no such thing? Booooo.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Fretwired said:

I think the modelling dudes are in Italy right?? 
    IK Multimedia's offices are about to be battered by a nasty hurricane - they issued an FB post to say they will be offline for a while.

Drew_TNBD said:
    Hmmm, I went looking for a Amplitube Fender 2 upgrade from Fender 1, and it seems there is no such thing? Booooo.
    I'm pretty sure that's what I did ...

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited September 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    It might be worth opening an IK ticket and asking the question mentioning IK products you own. You might get lucky.
    It's not a competition.
    Have you had a go on it yet @Fretwired ?

I've bought it.  I think these have the nicest clean and deep low end out of any bass sim I've tried.  The V4B is my favourite, can really get some room shaking low end out of it.  Took me a little while to get the hang of the SVT VR but I think all the amps sound good.
    Had a play and I like it - crazy upgrade price and I have some credits so I'll buy after the trial ends.

• Yeah I had some credits too which helped - what's weird is Custom Shop showed me as having 0 credits but when I logged in on the site I had some.  Weird, but doesn't matter as i got to use them for the SVX2 upgrade which is the only thing I wanted to buy anyway
    Yeah I had some credits too which helped - what's weird is Custom Shop showed me as having 0 credits but when I logged in on the site I had some.  Weird, but doesn't matter as i got to use them for the SVX2 upgrade which is the only thing I wanted to buy anyway
    There are two sets of credits. The main IK shop and the Custom Shop. It's confusing ...

• I had no idea.  That also makes no sense, you can already pay in money - why bother creating two separate forms of store credit for buying the same software from the same company..