Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• Any more for any more? Particularly want vocalists and extra guitar.. don't be shy now..
    You can stick me down as extra/ backup guitar on stuff I already know;

All right now
    Learning to Fly

I'm happy to have a stab at vocals on Beat It, Breeze and Sally if nobody else wants them. 

I have a couple of songs I want to do in the acoustic room though so I'll want a break at some point. ( @Dontgiveupyourdayjob - fancy Man of the hour and My my, Hey Hey next door at some point? )

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Any more for any more? Particularly want vocalists and extra guitar.. don't be shy now..

I'll do rhythm on Mustang Sally. I'll also have a stab at bass on Beat It if I can borrow a bass off someone.

I have a couple of songs I want to do in the acoustic room though so I'll want a break at some point. ( @Dontgiveupyourdayjob - fancy Man of the hour and My my, Hey Hey next door at some point? )

Yeah I'm up for that, though I don't have an acoustic so will need to borrow someone's.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Sheet updated with recent additions..

Still some slots so come get your choice!

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27446
    mrkb said:
    @mrkb ;
    Could you tweak the playlist slightly - I believe (and hope) that we're doing the JJ Cale version of Call Me the Breeze rather than the Lynyrd Skynyrd version that you've included.
    :)

Though, if  you wanted to add another LS track for Room 2 or 3, that might be fun ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    mrkb said:
    @mrkb ;
    Could you tweak the playlist slightly - I believe (and hope) that we're doing the JJ Cale version of Call Me the Breeze rather than the Lynyrd Skynyrd version that you've included.

Though, if  you wanted to add another LS track for Room 2 or 3, that might be fun ...
    Yeah - that was my mistake.

I forgot it was the JJ Cale version we did at Leicester
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6788
    TTony said:
    mrkb said:
    @mrkb ;

Done - I think........
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27446
    Definitely sounds better to me
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Sheet updated with recent additions..

I'm happy to jump on bass on Can't Get Enough (as long as I can borrow a bass!)
  • Stick me down for bass duties on Dr Dr and living after midnight.
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    Is guitar other on Fortunate Son just the regular tuning stuff rather than alternate tuning?  If it's standard can you put me down, that's the only thing I know all the way through from the list what with being a typical home guitarist that only learns parts of songs.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680

Three queries about song keys - 
    1) The JJ Cale version of Call Me The Breeze is in F# not A. That's the key we played it in at the Leicester Jam (TTony played rhythm guitar in E capo'd at the 2nd fret).
    2) Beat It is in D#min / Ebmin on the record but the guitars were downtuned by a semitone and have an open string in the riff - at the Leicester Jam we played it in Emin to avoid having to downtune the guitars.
    3) Learning To Fly is in C not F. That's the key we used at the Leicester Jam.
    bigjon said:

Three queries about song keys - 
    1) The JJ Cale version of Call Me The Breeze is in F# not A. That's the key we played it in at the Leicester Jam (TTony played rhythm guitar in E capo'd at the 2nd fret).
    2) Beat It is in D#min / Ebmin on the record but the guitars were downtuned by a semitone and have an open string in the riff - at the Leicester Jam we played it in Emin to avoid having to downtune the guitars.
    3) Learning To Fly is in C not F. That's the key we used at the Leicester Jam.
    I'll update the sheet to the right keys..
  • Talking of detuing to Eb, I always do that to make singing a bit easier. Anyone else in the same boat? If we're all Eb people anyway it would be good to know. 
    Talking of detuing to Eb, I always do that to make singing a bit easier. Anyone else in the same boat? If we're all Eb people anyway it would be good to know. 
    Doesn't always work for bass, keys etc :)
  • Talking of detuing to Eb, I always do that to make singing a bit easier. Anyone else in the same boat? If we're all Eb people anyway it would be good to know. 
    Would be good to know how many, if any, singers attending prefer to tune down to Eb. That's all I'm saying. It's no deal breaker but if we're all more comfortable singing in Eb it's worth considering doing so for the benefit of the performances. Why is bass a problem? Just tune down a half step like a guitar. Keys - depends on the player, but I wasn't aware we had keys anyway. 
    I would prefer, for room 1, to stick to the recorded key for each song - this enables the less able to practice along with the original recording. 

Obviously, for individual songs, those down to do them at the Jam can agree amongst themselves to play it in any different key the like ;) My suggestion would be this is done by PM - and then let me know if you are all changing it!
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Talking of detuing to Eb, I always do that to make singing a bit easier. Anyone else in the same boat? If we're all Eb people anyway it would be good to know. 
    Would be good to know how many, if any, singers attending prefer to tune down to Eb. That's all I'm saying. It's no deal breaker but if we're all more comfortable singing in Eb it's worth considering doing so for the benefit of the performances. Why is bass a problem? Just tune down a half step like a guitar. Keys - depends on the player, but I wasn't aware we had keys anyway. 

Lots of singers prefer flat keys for some reason.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    edited December 2017
    Ok, I'll leave the idea here, clearly not a popular one. But do you see my point that if you're detuning the instruments you don't actually have to change the part you're playing? Yes, learn the part in the correct key for the record, then if everyone detunes a half step for playing live that has no effect on what you've learned? You just play the same part and nobody would really know the difference apart from the singer's vocal cords and those with perfect pitch. 
    Plectrum said:

Lots of singers prefer flat keys for some reason.
    Agreed - but at this stage I'd rather keep the list in the original keys for simplicity. It's hard enough on the day to get the right people in the right room at the right time with a lead, an amp and a guitar, let alone sorting out keys etc.

But as I said, if for any particular songs, those playing/singing want to organise a detune amongst them then that's absolutely fine. 

Unlike an informal jam between mates, organising 30+ people who don't know each other to play 20 odd songs is quite a challenge....
    edited December 2017
    Ok, I'll leave the idea here, clearly not a popular one. But do you see my point that if you're detuning the instruments you don't actually have to change the part you're playing? Yes, learn the part in the correct key for the record, then if everyone detunes a step for playing live that has no effect on what you've learned? You just play the same part and nobody would really know the difference apart from the singer's vocal cords and those with perfect pitch. 
    Yes, I see your point. Yes, you can learn the part in the original key and detune on the day. Yes nobody will notice. 

I'm not saying we can't do it and I'm not saying it's not a popular idea. I'll PM you.