Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• Yeah I'll do the widdly bits during the chorus etc, no bother. :)
    Cheers James. I'm up next weekend if you fancy a jam / run through of anything

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Have you learnt the song from a specific source @Legionreturns ? Just so we're playing from the same songsheet, I've seen a few different versions about :)
  • No mate, I've done it backwards from the song. 

The rhythm is pretty straight forward. Drop me a pm if you want. 

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039

I'm gonna have to drop myself from Rain on me vocals. I've struggled a little bit to stay awake during that one. Also it's a little high and I'm struggling for practice time. Mostly though it's just too dull! 

I'll do the vocals on Rain unless anyone else fancies it.

I'm doing song sheets for the songs I'm involved in for myself.  Without teaching my granny to suck eggs, it's maybe an idea to get everyone agreed on the chords and arrangement.  So here's the first one. (PDF also available)

Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
    According to the Song List, you're the only Guitarist at the moment. i've had at look at the Song Sheet you've posted. Put me down for Rhythm Guitar - I'll have a think about whether I play on an Electric, or an Acoustic.
    Hey Dave, that's great.  If you decide to play electric you should take the lead part, there's not much difference between lead and rhythm except the high chords in the verse, and I'll switch to rhythm on acoustic.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I see there's only one guitar so far on Mustang Sally, I'll jump in on that one and attempt to play something if that's ok. 
  • andy1839 said:
    I see there's only one guitar so far on Mustang Sally, I'll jump in on that one and attempt to play something if that's ok. 
    If that's one that anybody else has any desire to sing I'd be more than happy to lose that one too! ;) 

• neilgneilg Frets: 94
    As this is less than two weeks away I'm beginning to wonder what to bring amp wise, all I've got at the moment is the helix and an old small line 6 practice amp.
  • I'll take the bass part on Fire. I know it anyway so won't involve any homework :) Plus, I'll "sing" Living After Midnight too. 
  • By the way, I'll be micing up guitar cabs so DIs aren't necessary. However, I do have DI boxes if they are needed. You guys don't need to worry about that side of things, I'll sort it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll take the bass part on Fire. I know it anyway so won't involve any homework :) Plus, I'll "sing" Living After Midnight too. 
    @Sasquatch_Bob ... Bass / Vocal legend :sweat_smile: 

TTony said:

Well, we have a special arrangement with Bob, the owner. He's letting us have the whole place for the day. 

@Bridgehouse @Legionreturns ; - do we have an expected start and finish time for "the day"?

I'm trying to work out logistics, and whether I should stay over the night before, or the night after ...
    I'm staying the Friday night at the Premier Inn Central.  If anyone else is around that night it would be fun to meet up in advance of the jam day.  
  • My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

That's actually a pretty good call.  Burgers, fantastic beer list, mentalist goths.  Offer accepted!
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    I’m stupidly late to the party, so looking at what’s free please can you put me down for rhythm on Champagne Supernova and then maybe a bit of acoustic as an additional guitar on Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited January 2018
    That's actually a pretty good call.  Burgers, fantastic beer list, mentalist goths.  Offer accepted!
    With the parish, we can book tickets for the venue or just go to the pub as it's a separate hall in the garden. Great fun either way. If you fancy the gig let me know and I'll book some tickets

• There are sights in Huddersfield?!  :o
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Happy to show you the sights bud! 
    There are sights in Huddersfield?!  :o
    Undoubtedly!

Though whether you'd *want* to see them might be a different question ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    With the parish, we can book tickets for the venue or just go to the pub as it's a separate hall in the garden. Great fun either way. If you fancy the gig let me know and I'll book some tickets
    Yep, the gig looks good.  Will be bringing earplugs though!  If you think tickets in advance is a good idea then go for it.  Cheers.
  • That's actually a pretty good call.  Burgers, fantastic beer list, mentalist goths.  Offer accepted!
    Yep, the gig looks good.  Will be bringing earplugs though!  If you think tickets in advance is a good idea then go for it.  Cheers.
    I think it'll be one of the more popular ones so I'll grab some. £15 each 

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 913
    My band has just taken a booking for that night in Bradford (it's going to be a loooong day!). If anyone fancies coming along, let me know and I'll post details.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom