Steven Wilson - Pariah

What's Hot
I'm a bit late to the party and only just started listening to Steven Wilson. His latest album 'To The Bone' is very good. I love this clip of Pariah with Ninet Tayeb. Nice to see him on a D28:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited September 2017
    The album is doing really well and he has properly crossed over into the mainstream. I never thought we would see a Prog Rocker topping the charts again (are charts still a thing?)

good for him.

• proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    You would have thought with all his success he could at least afford a pair of shoes.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I'm a big SW fan, although I haven't gotten around to buying this album yet. It's very controversial with prog fans. I'm in a prog fan group on Farcebook and reaction has been pretty turbulent, although many people do like it. Some idiots see it as a betrayal of his fan base.

I was in a SW fan group on Farcebook as well, but there were so many annoying opinionated morons in the group that I ditched it in the end. 

He is amazing live, and I've just seen that Alex Hutchings is going to be his tour guitarist! Must see! I'd love him to use Alex on an album or two and raise his profile.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    I'm a big SW fan, although I haven't gotten around to buying this album yet. It's very controversial with prog fans. I'm in a prog fan group on Farcebook and reaction has been pretty turbulent, although many people do like it. Some idiots see it as a betrayal of his fan base.

I was in a SW fan group on Farcebook as well, but there were so many annoying opinionated morons in the group that I ditched it in the end. 

He is amazing live, and I've just seen that Alex Hutchings is going to be his tour guitarist! Must see! I'd love him to use Alex on an album or two and raise his profile.

It will be good to see Alex playing live with SW!  I'll have to keep an eye out Youtube for the videos and maybe even a Rig Rundown if they get to Nashville. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    As with much of SW's stuff, I absolutely love about half the songs and the other half I don't care for.

But, that's on me. He's a great artist and it makes me giggle when fans get angry that they've not been given what they want, which frequently seems to be "Deadwing mk6".
  • ...and Ninet Tayeb...swoon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cirrus said:
    As with much of SW's stuff, I absolutely love about half the songs and the other half I don't care for.

But, that's on me. He's a great artist and it makes me giggle when fans get angry that they've not been given what they want, which frequently seems to be "Deadwing mk6".
    I think I would class myself as a Porcupine Tree fan rather than an SW fan :) He needs to pull a fucking masterpiece out of his arse to make up for ruining Opeth though.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ...and Ninet Tayeb...swoon

Yes!! She is mad cute. 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Least animated audience I've ever seen :lol:

Ninet was doing some crazy shit towards the end and the woman's face behind her was completely expressionless.

Great song though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • He did a live HMV set and signing session soon after that breakfast show slot (the whole thing is on youtube). He mentions it was a weird experience playing to a bunch of uninterested people sat there eating pastries.

I wonder it Ninet is doing the tour. 
  • I've just got into SW's new album, first of his stuff I've heard. Where do I start with his back catalogue? What are the essential albums?
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • MrSwanson said:
    I've just got into SW's new album, first of his stuff I've heard. Where do I start with his back catalogue? What are the essential albums?
    All the 'solo' albums are good. The first two (Insurgentes & Grace For Drowning) are more varied and show it was him and not a band. The next two (The Raven...  & Hand.Cannot.Erase) are his original touring band, often recorded in the same room at the same time. For me, HCE is a masterpiece. 41/2 is more of an outages release. 
  • MrSwanson said:
    I've just got into SW's new album, first of his stuff I've heard. Where do I start with his back catalogue? What are the essential albums?
    All the 'solo' albums are good. The first two (Insurgentes & Grace For Drowning) are more varied and show it was him and not a band. The next two (The Raven...  & Hand.Cannot.Erase) are his original touring band, often recorded in the same room at the same time. For me, HCE is a masterpiece. 41/2 is more of an outages release. 
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/