Jam Nights in Nottingham

BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
Any of these available? Whether blues or jazz? Would love to jam with some new people. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    Colin Staples is the traditional Blues Jam, at the Navigation. I have been down to see what the arrangements were and I found it very cliquey and unwelcoming. There is a Sunday afternoon jam at the Greyhound in Beeston, much more welcoming, or it used to be, but best if you go mob handed, or at least with someone who can sing. That way you stand a chance of doing something you know.

There are quite a few others, but all poorly advertised, I keep seeing posters around the place but I always forget to take the details. The Lion at Basford has an open micsession one night, though it always used to be acoustic only, might have changed. The Test Match in West Bridgford used to host a regular one but not sure now, there was one mentioned on their FB page for 13th Feb but I dont know if they are doing them regularly.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    @hywelg Not too keen on open mics, since that would just be me and my regular band banging out tunes we usually do for gigs. What I was looking for is actually something like a jam session where we get to sit in with the house band and noodle on some standards (blues or jazz). None of them sound like what I'm looking for. I might head down to the Greyhound on Sunday since that's where I live.

Cheers for the info bud. Great stuff.