Something going down in DC?

What's Hot
2456

Comments

  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 2922
    I don't watch Fox News they're the most biased unfactual news organisation I've ever seen.  They're even worse than MSNBC or CNN and that's a tall order.

    Basically fox are the official news network for Trump and the republicans, CNN and MSNBC are both pretty right wing but claim to be centrist and push corporate democrate friendly news.

    If you want something a bit more factual try politico, New York Times, AP, Reuters, Bloomberg etc

    If you genuinely get your US news from fox you're being really badly misinformed.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited October 2017
    Adam_MD said:
    I don't watch Fox News they're the most biased unfactual news organisation I've ever seen.  They're even worse than MSNBC or CNN and that's a tall order.

    Basically fox are the official news network for Trump and the republicans, CNN and MSNBC are both pretty right wing but claim to be centrist and push corporate democrate friendly news.

    If you want something a bit more factual try politico, New York Times, AP, Reuters, Bloomberg etc

    If you genuinely get your US news from fox you're being really badly misinformed.  
    I'm not actually paying attention to the channel I am watching, I am paying attention to the words of the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee who is currently conducting an investigation into this matter! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 2922
    So the news story is they still don't know that the FBI didn't help fund the dossier and have no evidence to say they did.

    Yawn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited February 3
    Adam_MD said:
    So the news story is they still don't know that the FBI didn't help fund the dossier and have no evidence to say they did.

    Yawn.
    It's not just the funding there is other stuff too, that's why I said we will have to wait and see how it all turns out, as the story is still developing with more still to come.

    I'll wake you up if anything happens 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 2908
    Freebird said:
    More info on the alleged foreign spy ring inside congress. Apologies for the Fox News link, but the liberal media seem to be avoiding this story like a hot potato.


    You can only find Fox running the story because they aren't really a news outlet (they defended them selves in court over inaccuracies by saying they are 'entertainment' so don't need to be factual.

    and the "liberal media" you refer to I'd call the "actual media".
    When the whole of the actual media pass on a story, well, you've got to have a little think... 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    TimmyO said:
    You can only find Fox running the story because they aren't really a news outlet (they defended them selves in court over inaccuracies by saying they are 'entertainment' so don't need to be factual.
    Wasn't that Alex Jones? When were Fox in court saying they were 'entertainment'?

    Actually, I don't follow any specific news channels, and I am well aware of how they all operate. In this case, I was simply highlighting what senior house members on Capital Hill were saying, as they are all sitting on important House Committees responsible for the Judiciary, Intelligence, Government Oversight & the Armed Services. I should also point out that they are the original sources of this information.

    So I'm not sure why are we focusing on which TV network was broadcasting it? Surely the important thing is what the congressman are actually saying? Does it really matter if it was on Fox, CNN, BBC or the Cartoon Network?

    Another pertinent question to ask is why aren't the other networks reporting these serious accusations of spying, collusion and criminality? They certainly had no qualms about covering the unvarified Russia hacking story 24/7 for over a year, before it suddenly came to a grinding halt without any explanation, but I think we should leave that one for another day  ;)

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited October 2017
    Adam_MD said:
    It claimed Paul Manafort and Michael Flynn were receiving money from foreign governments which turned out to be true Paul Manafort from Ukraine and Michael Flynn from Turkey.
    Would the claim that Paul Manafort was receiving money from a foreign government be related to the European Center For A Modern Ukraine? I do believe Special Council Meuller is investigating this, and it is connected to The Podesta Group, which is a DC lobbying company with close ties to the Clintons and the Obama administration.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 2922
    Freebird said:

    Another pertinent question to ask is why aren't the other networks reporting these serious accusations of spying, collusion and criminality? They certainly had no qualms about covering the unvarified Russia hacking story 24/7 for over a year, before it suddenly came to a grinding halt without any explanation, but I think we should leave that one for another day  ;)

    Because it doesn't fit with their narrative.  Honestly if you understand how they work you should get that.  Trump and the parts of the republican party who still follow his idiotic lead are trying to get people to focus on other things like Hillary Clinton, the FBI anything apart from his obvious ties to Russia or the massive redistribution of wealth from the middle class up to the top they really currently trying to pass.

    Also if you think someone is telling the truth because they're on the chair of a committee in congress then I'd think again.  Devin Nunes served on Trumps transition team and had to step back from the investigation earlier this year.  He learned of some intel then ran to brief the White House who just happened to be the subject of the investigation before anyone else on his own committee.  Independent and honest he is not.

    As to the investigation coming to a grinding halt we're not hearing anything because Robert Mueller and his team are still investing so won't release any statements until they're finished we have absolutely no idea what they've found.  Judging by the people he's hired and their specialist areas of law though they're looking into some serious shit.




    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    Adam_MD said:
    Freebird said:

    Another pertinent question to ask is why aren't the other networks reporting these serious accusations of spying, collusion and criminality? They certainly had no qualms about covering the unvarified Russia hacking story 24/7 for over a year, before it suddenly came to a grinding halt without any explanation, but I think we should leave that one for another day  ;)

    Because it doesn't fit with their narrative.  Honestly if you understand how they work you should get that.  Trump and the parts of the republican party who still follow his idiotic lead are trying to get people to focus on other things like Hillary Clinton, the FBI anything apart from his obvious ties to Russia or the massive redistribution of wealth from the middle class up to the top they really currently trying to pass.

    Also if you think someone is telling the truth because they're on the chair of a committee in congress then I'd think again.  Devin Nunes served on Trumps transition team and had to step back from the investigation earlier this year.  He learned of some intel then ran to brief the White House who just happened to be the subject of the investigation before anyone else on his own committee.  Independent and honest he is not.

    As to the investigation coming to a grinding halt we're not hearing anything because Robert Mueller and his team are still investing so won't release any statements until they're finished we have absolutely no idea what they've found.  Judging by the people he's hired and their specialist areas of law though they're looking into some serious shit.
    It will all come out in the wash, there is no doubt about that. The whistleblowers are out in the open now, and congress are on the case. The problem last time around was that everything got swept under the carpet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited November 2017
    Adam_MD said:
    The dnc funding trump Russia investigations?  It's hardly news or a scandal imho.  Both presidential candidates have been compromised to some extent by Russia.  The clintons through their uranium deal and trump has been laundering Russian oligarch money through his property deals for decades whether the stuff in the dossier gets proved or not.  

    Quite a lot of the stuff in that dossier HAS been corroborated regardless of whether the tabloid worthy pee tape stuff is accurate or not.  
    The FBI has not verified the Trump dossier

    "FBI and Justice Department officials have told congressional investigators in recent days that they have not been able to verify or corroborate the substantive allegations of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign outlined in the Trump dossier."

    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fbi-has-not-verified-trump-dossier/article/2641207
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited January 23
    A request was made in congress this morning to make the classified House Intelligence Committee memo available to the general public.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited February 2
    So the memo is finally here. What a letdown, I was expecting something a bit more dramatic!

    At least my suspicions were correct about something going down in DC 

    https://www.scribd.com/document/370603711/FISA-Memo-1

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited February 2
    Yes, a healthy dose of sunlight is required all around. There are currently a number of ongoing parallel investigations taking place, so hopefully they will get to the bottom of all of this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited May 21
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 882
    Dream on. :)

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 11438
    @freebird And the rest! Sick Willy recommended Penn to Blair, who took him on for the 2008 campaign. Long history of Latin American political involvement, involved with Hillary in 2008 and was one of the people behind the 'negative toward Obama' campaign... I read his piece as a article of political preservation and nothing more, covering the ass of people he' worked for and with.Put it this way: when the like of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh regularly rate his articles highly, then you know he's not sat on the warm cuddly side of left wing liberalism. 
    Clarity over quantity.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited June 20
    @freebird And the rest! Sick Willy recommended Penn to Blair, who took him on for the 2008 campaign. Long history of Latin American political involvement, involved with Hillary in 2008 and was one of the people behind the 'negative toward Obama' campaign... I read his piece as a article of political preservation and nothing more, covering the ass of people he' worked for and with.Put it this way: when the like of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh regularly rate his articles highly, then you know he's not sat on the warm cuddly side of left wing liberalism. 
    I'm trying to stay out of the political bias aspects of this case. To me it seems like we could possibly be looking at a plot that is potentially treasonous in nature, and global in scope. On the other hand there is an ongoing media campaign attempting to influence the masses that no such thing is happening. I'm keeping an open mind and just listening to what people say, and taking note of who they are. I don't pay much attention to what media brand is conveying the message, although I am aware of where they stand on the political spectrum.

    My interest is this story was initially piqued by the claims Nunes made after his secret White House briefing, which seemed to be outrageous at the time, but a more substantial case has been developed since then. However, I'm still giving it more time before I come to any final conclusions.

    Incidentally, this is going to make great case study for future Media Studies courses, as one side is going to lose big time!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 11438
    Freebird said:
    I'm trying to stay out of the political bias aspects of this case. To me it seems like we could possibly be looking at a plot that is potentially treasonous in nature, and global in scope. On the other hand there is an ongoing media campaign attempting to influence the masses that no such thing is happening. I'm keeping an open mind and just listening to what people say, and taking note of who they are. I don't pay much attention to what media brand is conveying the message, although I am aware of where they stand on the political spectrum.

    My interest is this story was initially piqued by the claims Nunes made after his secret White House briefing, which seemed to be outrageous at the time, but a more substantial case has been developed since then. However, I'm still giving it more time before I come to any final conclusions, and I am sure there are still plenty more twists and turns ahead. I just wish this was a TV drama instead of real life, as it would be really good entertainment.

    Incidentally, it will make great material for future Media Studies courses, as someone is going to lose very bigly!
    I mentioned Penn's political allegiances because he's been involved in politics longer than Trump in my book. I didn't see him column so much as protecting Trump as protecting the way politics has been carried out in America for a long time. So when a Clinton associate comes out with an article that's rather kind to a republican President, then you have to look at what the article writer is actually defending. 


    Clarity over quantity.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited May 21
    Heartfeltdawn said:
    I mentioned Penn's political allegiances because he's been involved in politics longer than Trump in my book. I didn't see him column so much as protecting Trump as protecting the way politics has been carried out in America for a long time. So when a Clinton associate comes out with an article that's rather kind to a republican President, then you have to look at what the article writer is actually defending. 
    Time will provide all the answers, and also huge repercussions for some of the participants. In the meantime, the storyline still provides plenty of intrigue, the likes of which we have never seen before.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • fandangofandango Frets: 1105
    Jalapeno said:
    It was Fox news, hardly paragon of truth and clear reporting
    But at least it’s not fake news like CNN or the Washington Post.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited May 21
    fandango said:
    Jalapeno said:
    It was Fox news, hardly paragon of truth and clear reporting
    But at least it’s not fake news like CNN or the Washington Post.
    I must admit to having a general dislike for Fox News, but they were the only ones who gave a platform to Nunes & co, in what is essentially a case that is beyond normal party political boundaries. Using local and foreign intelligence agencies to allegedly spy on political opponents crosses the line IMO. What if had been Corbyn, or anybody else whose face didn't fit?

    Talking of the Washington Post

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/05/18/if-the-fbi-used-an-informant-it-wasnt-to-go-after-trump-it-was-to-protect-him/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 1190
    Adam_MD said:
    Lol Lou Dobbs always a  credible source of info. Will you be posting an Alex Jones link next? 
    You're welcome.


    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited June 18
    So, with regards to the original topic of something going down in DC, it looks like Nunes and Fox News got more right than they got wrong. Quite a few members of the FBI & DOJ top brass seem to be in a bit of hot water, and we haven't even got to the Russia OIG report yet. Probably nothing that a bit of on-the-job training can't sort out though 

    There are still many ongoing investigations underway, so plenty of scope for more twists and turns, and who knows, maybe some of the Trump team could also find themselves getting dragged through the mud, but for sure the swamp is very swampy!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited June 20
    We have a new development, by revealing redacted information the congressman has just joined some dots that lead to President Obama. He then accused the FBI of lying about their status in order to hide their identity, before chucking in the snippet that General Flynn may have been stitched up by the FBI, due to his interview record being altered after the fact.


    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited August 8
    Some interesting opinions below backed up by documents.

    http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/400810-opinion-how-a-senior-justice-official-helped-dems-on-trump-russia-case

    I can see a possible twist in the tail coming up, but I won't spoil the fun just yet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 3615
    edited August 8
    Freebird said:
    Jalapeno said:
    It was Fox news, hardly paragon of truth and clear reporting
    Are you suggesting the congressman is making it all up? If he is, then fair enough, but if he isn't where are the rest of the media? I mean he has made some pretty bold claims there.
    Normally I would agree with you but their President makes stuff up every other day.  From "I have the best mind" to Obama tapped my phone.

    9/10 things out of the President's mouth is BS.

    I think everyone else now just take the same yardstick and make stuff up too.  I wait until it all unfolds before believing anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited August 8
    Freebird said:
    Jalapeno said:
    It was Fox news, hardly paragon of truth and clear reporting
    Are you suggesting the congressman is making it all up? If he is, then fair enough, but if he isn't where are the rest of the media? I mean he has made some pretty bold claims there.
    Normally I would agree with you but their President makes stuff up every other day.  From "I have the best mind" to Obama tapped my phone.

    9/10 things out of the President's mouth is BS.

    I think everyone else now just take the same yardstick and make stuff up too.  I wait until it all unfolds before believing anything.
    I'm just a casual observer and stuff floats into my twitter feed from time to time, but according to these official documents just released there seems to have been some crazy things going on between the higher echelons of the DOJ & FBI, the fella who wrote the Trump dossier, and the DNC opposition research company. This was all conducted under the cover of the NSD, who operated free from any government oversight. Thow in a couple of Attorney Generals and a few senior judges, and it's all going make for a great movie script one day. I agree about the wait and see aspect, and that is exactly what I am doing, but you can't beat some real life House of Cards for a bit of intrigue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 945
    edited August 13
    More drama in DC, another high-ranking FBI official has been fired, he was previously leading the Clinton private email server & Trump Russia collusion investigations.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-agent-peter-strzok-fired-over-anti-trump-texts/2018/08/13/be98f84c-8e8b-11e8-b769-e3fff17f0689_story.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Sign In or Register to comment.