Wahs......

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15954

Anybuddy run their wahs just for the differences in tones it can provide....1/2 cocked for instance?

Good results?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yep, although not often and only little fills or intros etc.

Wahs can be way more useful than the all too common wakka wakka stuff.
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    Mark Knopfler did this on at least one of his songs - maybe money for nothing? 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    steer said:
    Mark Knopfler did this on at least one of his songs - maybe money for nothing? 

Only live, not on the recording, that was down to the micing of the cab.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2573
    tFB Trader
    I used to do this for the mid and gain boost, then I realized I was using it as a crutch and learned to play properly

but I have thought about sticking one into a little pedal box so you can set it and leave it and just turn it on and off when needed

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I've only ever used them that way. I'm no good on the funky stuff.
  • I used to do this for the mid and gain boost, then I realized I was using it as a crutch and learned to play properly

but I have thought about sticking one into a little pedal box so you can set it and leave it and just turn it on and off when needed

EHX Cockfight. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • I sometimes leave it on at gigs after a song finishes with the Wah and I've forgotten to switch it off. Spend half the next song wondering why my sound is so harsh and trebly. Then I go "oh err....." and realise my wah is still on. Tis the downfall of my 535Q in that it has no  on LED. Should be standard on wahs methinks. As for running it deliberately half cocked...not really, but I can see its occasional usefulness perhaps more so in recording and adding extra layers of teh toanz. Brian Mays done that on a good few occasions/tracks. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33780
    siraxeman said:
    I sometimes leave it on at gigs after a song finishes with the Wah and I've forgotten to switch it off. Spend half the next song wondering why my sound is so harsh and trebly. Then I go "oh err....." and realise my wah is still on. Tis the downfall of my 535Q in that it has no  on LED. Should be standard on wahs methinks. As for running it deliberately half cocked...not really, but I can see its occasional usefulness perhaps more so in recording and adding extra layers of teh toanz. Brian Mays done that on a good few occasions/tracks. 
    Adding an LED is quite easy- I've done it to both a Cry Baby and a Vox Clyde McCoy.

Consider a switchless wah too.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    absolutely.  the fixed/cocked/parked thing.

i own a couple of fixed wah pedals.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited September 2017
    if anyone is after a dedicated pedal to do this;
    [img]http://tonereport.com/uploads/img/Wilson_ParkedWah3.jpg[/img]
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw