Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Online shops / reviews

What's Hot
apologies if this is a repeat / I have searched but couldn't find anything recent.

Can people help regarding the best online stores? I have unfortunately been messed around by andertons who decided not to tell me they weren't sending out my order and left me waiting in all day for a package that was never going to arrive. It's left a bad taste and all it needed was an email to say it was delayed. quite frankly I'm refusing to use them again. 

What are the trustworthy / customer friendly sites that people use? I'd be much happier paying a bit more but actually dealing with a company with a bit of customer service .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Don't know if I'm the type of online shop you're looking for, but I sell lots of guitar parts. 
    I'm sure some forumites can vouch I have good service :)
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • I use Strings Direct, they ship via DPD. Always quality service from them and they're honest about what's in stock 
    Fender Fanboy
    Always looking for an excuse to buy another Stratocaster 

"So, no kidding, there I was, Clapton to my left, Hendrix to my right, me in the middle playing my 1943 Fender Les Paul." 
  • Have had no issues with Peach. Amazon Locker delivery is always good for consumables. As above, asking if they use DPD is a good idea.
  • It was for a new guitar . It sounds silly but being messed around really took the joy out of finally making a decision. But any recommendations are welcome just for peace of mind in future.
  • Ive had a few things from Absolute in Poole, never had a problem with delivery.

https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    Have you told them you are never using them again, they won't improve unless people complain.

No shop, online or on the high street is 100% perfect... hard to be when people are involved.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Peach are the best when it comes to delivery IMO. You get the usual message when you order, then another one on the day, a text and you can track the driver where it gives you a pretty good time estimate so it doesn't ruin your day. 
    Ive also has quite a few high end guitars and amps from them and never had a single problem. 
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1238
    I've used Andertons, GuitarGuitar, Strings Direct, GAK, and WildWire for online orders.

Andertons I queried a guitar they had in stock in the warehouse, and they arranged for photos of the actual guitar to be taken. Even though it was during the post-Christmas sales rush, it only took them a few hours. The email with the photos actually arrived about 8 that night, as I'm guessing they done it after that days orders had been shipped. Every other order I've placed, has been dispatched quickly, and I've had an email with the tracking details and delivery date.
    GAK I ordered a guitar according to a photo on their website, and the guitar turned out to have a different finish. They arranged a collection and refund without any issues.

The rest, I've had no real interaction with. I've ordered, and they've delivered.

• Well I've had quite a few dealings with the big ones and the one that consistently let me down was GuitarGuitar.  I bought a 2nd hand classic 50's strat from them and they failed to mention the previous owner had knackered out the first five frets.  Their way of compensation was a guitar cleaning kit worth about £30.  Needless to say it went back and I got a refund.  

I think I've had about four or five guitars from GuitarGuitar that have been stinkers, fair enough they take them back without much issue.

Andertons sent me a dead amp this week, in terms of actual, won't turn on let alone a sound coming out dead.  They were quick to remedy that to their credit.  If you want to send something back they'll send DPD to collect but will charge a fee for that unless it's faulty.

GAK I've only dealt with once or twice and never had an issue, if you want to return something though you have to arrange your own courier, same goes with GuitarGuitar.

PMT - took a while to get a refund back from them and they sent the amp in the non-original packaging with just a note saying "sorry".  

The one that I have had consistent decent service from has been Guitar Village, they actually do do a basic set up on a guitar before it's shipped rather than just pretending they do.  Never had a stinker out of there, they've always been pretty good with emails/phone calls as well.

Coda music has been really good as well, always top notch service.

Thomann have been great, never had an issue even when I had to return something I didn't like but alas, the prices aren't as keen as they used to be, not their fault, just the exchange rate.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2017
    If you do enough volume, there will be mistakes. It's how they put them right that sets the good ones apart. I've had problems with goods from Andertons and they've been spot on when sorting then out. Phone answered within 3 rings, speaking to real staff who know what you're talking about, courier arranged for returns... All of those are a lot better than some of the more prolific box shifters. I'd talk to them, tell them how unhappy you are. In my experience, they'd welcome the chance to change your mind and will so something about it. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Coda always bang on, but their real strength is how they rectify thmgs if thngs go wrong. Superb.

GAK, Andertons - superb returns policy and help.

• Absolute music have been decent with me on the past so have promenade music. Both shops asked me what brand and gauge strings I wanted and how I liked my action. 
    Richtone have been good too. 
    I've had similar bad experiences with guitar guitar and andertons, but to give andertons their credit they did work hard to remedy. 
  • GuItar Guitar- Shit
    Andertons- Utter Shit and an arrogant bunch of muppets 
    PMT- Shit
    DV247- Shit

Peach- Outstanding 
    Coda- Outstanding 
    GAK- Excellent 
    Absolute music- Excellent 
  • BodBod Frets: 1298
    edited September 2017
    I've had an average experience with Bax Shop this week.  My new studio monitors were dispatched a day later than promised.  They also ship using GLS from Holland and Parcelforce for the UK leg who didn't do the one hour window thing that some other couriers do and then carded without ringing the doorbell so I missed them :# .  I'm not sure I'll use them again but, on the plus side, there was a problem with the verification of my credit card (bank blocked the transaction) that ended up with two orders being created, but they worked hard to sort it out.

Andertons have been spot on with the few things I've ordered from them.

• Yeh, as has been said the bigger stores always seem to have a percentage of problems. GAK were notoriously awful but that seems to have gone away. Although Thomann who are enormous seem to be trouble free - if the exchange rate ever comes back around always worth a look. 
    Strings Direct seem to be known for their good service ( even quickly answered one of my stupid questions and are members on here and have given us discount codes - try SD10 if you are a first time customer), Gear4Music seem to have their act together and I've bought off Red Dog without issues. 
    Last time I looked PMT had a terrible website and my local branch seem to employ a bunch of muppets so I'm not a fan although I've never ordered anything online off them. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited September 2017
    GAK - great
    Andertons - great
    Guitar Village - great
    Coda - OK
    Guitar FX Direct - great
    Hotrox - hit and miss

• Have to say I've heard loads of bad stories about HotRox but I've ordered twice and they delivered twice with no issues, very quickly so thats me impressed with them,

I've been ordering lots of stuff from Six String Supplies http://www.sixstringsupplies.co.uk/ recently - really good for electronics and wiring and what not and every delivery has been next day, bar one. 

For guitars I tend to use guitar guitar - online and in store (i live near to the BHM one)

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited September 2017
    All music stores/sites should strive to equal Thomann, for massive box shifters their customer service is brilliant
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I don't buy much online but when I have there's never been a problem.
    I've been lucky.
    You've been unlucky. I doubt there's a single online shop that's never screwed up. It's how they handle those mistakes that makes the difference.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Strings Direct seem to be known for their good service ( even quickly answered one of my stupid questions and are members on here and have given us discount codes - try SD10 if you are a first time customer)
    Doesn't seem to work for me, was looking at popping in a first order