Trying to find this guitar

What's Hot
Its a strat style guitar with a Les paul fretboard radius, rosewood fretboard hardtail bridge and p 90s
Is there  any suggestions in maker or anybody may have such a beast or know of one.

BTW thanks for all the responses and offers for the Tele pickups I posted for .

Dusty
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Some of the fretking models have 12" radius and p90s I think.  Pretty sure they'd all have trems though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    edited February 2014

PRS not stratty enough I spose....

The Vintage AV6P has a 10" fretboard radius, they're quite nice and not too pricey, but they have a trem.

Are you arsed about scale length?

• Probett Rocket would do it, but fairly expensive! 

Otherwise what you want is a Fender Stratosonic. They pop up on ebay from time to time.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Hi The Stratosonic is the kiddy I have never seen this before,the Fretkings i not a guitar we seem to have in the are of Essex I live in whats the build quality like I know Trev Wilikinson is behind them but thats all I know.

Dusty
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Hi The Stratosonic is the kiddy I have never seen this before,the Fretkings i not a guitar we seem to have in the are of Essex I live in whats the build quality like I know Trev Wilikinson is behind them but thats all I know.

Dusty
    If you're ever in Central London, Ivor Mairants carry quite a few of the Fretking models and are a main dealer.
  • I should say I think the Stratosonic is 9.5" radius, but big frets should make up for it a little. There's one on ebay atm in fact :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I think the new Michael Kelly guitars might have something pretty close to those specs, the new Valor models are pretty interesting.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    edited February 2014
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar 90 - Unusually for a Jag it's a hardtail. It also comes with a pair of P90s, a rosewood board, and replaces the usual Jag circuitry with something more simple (tone, volume, and pickup selection switch). Think it's 9.5" radius though.

Also, the Yammy Pacifica 311H or 611HFM look a bit more 'Stratty', have flatter (13.75") boards, and are hardtails. Only have P90s in the neck position though - the bridge pickup is a splittable HB. There's more about this guitar in Jimboflojo's NGD thread of Feb 16.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Again the Probett Rocket or possibly Thorn Junior 90 although not exactly the right shape. Depends on budget. Warmoth might be a good option.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    It's got a trem but the Bill Asher Marc Ford sig is also pretty close.

Rarer than hens teeth in the UK mind
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31577
    edited February 2014
    Pick out a Strat you like then fit a P90-loaded pickguard?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the feedback I have looked at all suggestions , dont want to get into cutting up and modding a guitar like to purchase one stock.
    Thanks for all your help

Dusty
  • jayscrivenerjayscrivener Frets: 13
    edited February 2014
    I can definitely recommend the Stratosonic, was looking for one for ages before I finally found one. Its a really great guitar.

It has the Gibson scale length and woods but still that overall 'stratty' feel. Sound is very similar to a LP Special apart from maybe a touch brighter.

I believe they were on the same level as an American Deluxe. It seems very well made and the bridge is excellent!

I'd love one of the FSR Rattlecan Strats they made with the left over parts of these!

• Probett Rocket would do it, but fairly expensive! 

Otherwise what you want is a Fender Stratosonic. They pop up on ebay from time to time.

Was just going to suggest this. To sock it to Gibson it even came in Cherry, burst and TV yellow (my personal favourite). 

As a minor digression, this is one of those guitars that convince me that Fender really got it right with the Strat body. Of all the guitars I GAS over at least 90% of them must be strat shaped. I've got a nice regular strat, a pawn shop 51 and an old squier strat. I'd quite like to shift the squier in order to get something like a HSH/HH blacktop, a stratosonic or some other variation like the squier rails strat. It just seems so versatile to me in a way that pretty much every other guitar shape is not.

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Stratosonics were awesome. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/uk/products/view/valor-ii-vintage

p90's, strat shaped, tidy build and not horrific in the price department either
    edited February 2014
    Kauer Daylighter Express...

oxblood exp.JPG
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    No one from Essex has that kinda dough, don't be silly. 
    edited February 2014
    Alright then, a somewhat cheaper option. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you (drum roll...., cymbal!)...

The Reverend Charger 290...

Pair of p90s, 12" radius board, and Fender type 25.5" scale. Probably about £600 in the UK.