NPD: A special Small Stone

stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26973
edited September 2017 in FX
Following the decision to un-Helix myself, I've started the onboarding process for a number of new recruits. First up is a Small Stone because I've somehow never had one despite them being obviously better and more interesting than a Phase 90. @Juansolo was quick to assist, and this is the result. I haven't plugged it in yet (stupid sunday working... give me another 5 hours or so...) but it looks amazing, and that's half the fight, right?

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    I've got a big box EHX Small Stone which I love and prefer it over a Vibe pedal.....it works great anywhere in the chain :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This thing sounds gooooood. It does the Greenwood "The Tourist" thing beautifully, it does the slow Gilmour Breathe thing, and the gloopy Gilmour Have a Cigar thing really nicely. I'm a happy camper. 

You also can't see from the picture but the top is finished with an epoxy layer that is a really nice touch and looks like it'll stay in good nick for a really long time, which is fab. 

Happy!
  •  
    I saw this on FB and wanted one straight away.  My favourite phase, along with the Phase 45.  I used to use one in a Reggae band and it sounded fat.

• You also can't see from the picture but the top is finished with an epoxy layer that is a really nice touch and looks like it'll stay in good nick for a really long time, which is fab. 

Happy!
    Yeah that finish is tough, far more so than the EHX version!
  • I'm never selling!! Muhahaha!!!

Thought I've just thought of one small change I might make - a bigger knob so I can nudge it with my foot more easily.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited September 2017

You also can't see from the picture but the top is finished with an epoxy layer that is a really nice touch and looks like it'll stay in good nick for a really long time, which is fab. 

Happy!
    Yeah that finish is tough, far more so than the EHX version!
    Yup, it's an epoxy used for coating bar tops... It'll take some effort to damage it! It's also one of the reasons we're not the fastest at turning around builds as ideally you want to let it cure for a week before drilling it.

Also, FWIW, I don't normally do look-a-likies. But for some reason I just can't help myself with the old EHX clones.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773

I'm never selling!! Muhahaha!!!

Thought I've just thought of one small change I might make - a bigger knob so I can nudge it with my foot more easily.
    6mm splined shaft if you're doing that. You can put a grub screw one on, but it won't sit as nice.
  • Saw that on Juan's Facebook - looks great.

I had the equivalent Small Clone version, it was bloody brilliant. 
  • I modified my DIY Small Stone build so that there was a resonance control to dial things back in Colour mode. I think it's a shame that EHX didn't see fit to include this, as for me, the magic happens in when the resonance is set between 5%-25%. It sounds absolutely glorious!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....