Halp! Trem arm stuck in Ibanez SA

What's Hot
I'm 99% sure I'm not being a penis.

I cannot get the frigging trem arm out of my Ibanez SA - yes, I've check the grub screw thing and that seems to be missing completely but it won't shift. it turns freely but I've practically had my knee against it and it won't move.

Anyone else had this happen? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    What model bridge is it? Just an FYI, some of the SA's have a screw in arm like a Strat, so try unscrewing it first. 
    If it doesn't have the securing collar, and it's not a screw-in arm, it would be one of the push in types. They need to be pulled out "straight" as they have two click in collars so if you pull the bar out at an angle, you're just wedging the click in part into the collar. Lay the guitar down, put your thumb on the body behind the bridge and pull straight up.
  • Yeah pretty sure it's push in (as you can turn and turn it either way without it getting tighter) and no collar.

Yet the pissing thing WILL NOT BUDGE
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Hmm, any chance the arm has bent? They are hard to remove, granted, but if you pull straight up they do come out!
  • Perhaps I'm being too soft on it!
  • Those usually have an unthreaded arm going into a nylon collar and with a tension adjustment screw somewhere on the sustain block.

Pulling firmly and vertically should do the trick. In extremis, if you have the type with the screw at the bottom of the sustain block, removing that screw should make it possible to knock the arm out from below.
    Be seeing you.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Image result for crowbar

• HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

A plasma cutter is a bit extreme, it's not a bigsby

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom