Gibson Custom Shop 57 Les Paul Junior prices

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15926

there is a 2010 for sale on the bay for an askin' price of 2200.......is that a fair price or is he a little OTT here?

reason I be asking is, I was a wondering how much my own 2014 case queen 57 was worth.....not that I was thinkin' of sellin'

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5619
    edited September 2017
    What colour's your '57? I always thought that the cherry single cuts were worth less than the vintage sunburst or yellow ones, but somebody on here thought the opposite.
  • Too much in my opinion but they don't turn up for sale that often - so sellers who know that are taking advantage of that fact and hoping to achieve good prices.

A couple of years ago £1100 - 1300 seemed to be the range. A few on here have sold for £1200 recently...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5619
    Iamnobody said:

A couple of years ago £1100 - 1300 seemed to be the range. A few on here have sold for £1200 recently...
    Yep, I had one that I sold in around 2013 for £1,100. The scarcity of them may have inflated the second-hand prices but I'd be surprised if the one on eBay fetches more than £1,600.
  • Amp Guitars in Macclesfield are advertising a mint one in Cherry at £1699 - I don't know what year it is but it looks a nice example.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15926
    Brize said:
    What colour's your '57? I always thought that the cherry single cuts were worth less than the vintage sunburst or yellow ones, but somebody on here thought the opposite.

it's the apple red ,back of a LP colour...very nice too
    tae be or not tae be
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I paid £850 for each of the two sunburst I had, admittedly 5/6 years ago.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15926
    ^ Historics?
    tae be or not tae be
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I'd love to pay £1200 for a CS junior! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    I paid £850 for each of the two sunburst I had, admittedly 5/6 years ago.
    I'd buy ten at that price if I could find them - So if you want to make a profit on them and sell them at £851 I'm up for it

seriously though IMO £2200 is OTT - Peach have this for sale at http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-1957-les-paul-junior-single-cut-vos-used.htm and I fully appreciate private sales will always be less than a shop price - But anything from £1500-2000 is about right - subject to colour, condition, case COA etc
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    hootsmon said:
    ^ Historics?
    Yup. They were both Sunburst 'Historic Collection'...and I paid £900 for a TV Yellow one not long after too! 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom