Jam Origin MIDI Guitar V2.2.1... Dang it's that good!

What's Hot
All I can say is Wow!.
Sound On Sound did a review of the latest version that offers 32 and 64 bit VST plugins. The reviewer was blown away by the tracking and low latency and preferred it to the current hardware based solutions.
So I gave their trial version (which is an earlier release) a go and was impressed with the accuracy of the software. The native program's recognition of my existing VSTs was a bit hit and miss, but the review and some youtube videos showed how to use the plugin version of the tool with Reaper and other DAWs.
So.. I went out on a limb and purchased the full new version.

I've gotta say, this version is amazing, tracking far better than other guitar-midi solutions I've used previously. The latency of the plugins is really low and when used in my DAW (Reaper) there are no issues with routing the generated MIDI through to my virtual instruments. It works beautifully with Omnisphere.

I've been keeping my eye on Guitar to MIDI since it first kicked off in the late 80s and I have to say this new software is one of the most remarkable implementations of this technology I have ever encountered.

Seriously impressive!
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    The iPad version is pretty good too
  • I have only tried an early revision. I wasn't very impressed. 

Any form of Pitch-to-MIDI pitch conversion will introduce a discernible processing delay. My preference is to avoid MIDI altogether and play a self-contained system. e.g. Old Roland GR or recent VG rigs or some of the Electro-Harmonix gadgets that employ granular technology.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6102
    I have only tried an early revision. I wasn't very impressed. 

Any form of Pitch-to-MIDI pitch conversion will introduce a discernible processing delay. My preference is to avoid MIDI altogether and play a self-contained system. e.g. Old Roland GR or recent VG rigs or some of the Electro-Harmonix gadgets that employ granular technology.

That used to be my opinion too and I was certainly not impressed by the earlier version of their software, but comparing the old to the new version is like the difference between night and day.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    I've just googled what you can do with this stuff.  Mind now blown.  I took the chorus and delay pedals out of my rig 'cos it was getting too complex and now I've discovered a whole new branch of guitar playing I never knew existed.  
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    had a quick go on the trial version, when i saw what was possible, it was a no-brainer to get the full blown version.
    I had to watch a few setup vids to get it to play in logic pro x, but when it was set up-pretty amazing really.
    I was considering a hex pickup, but this solution seems to work really well for me--latency isnt really an issue, and theres a lot to play with, worth it for me just for the polyphony and notation ability.
    glad I saw this post earlier.
    cheers
    andy k
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom