AVRI 52 Tele Yorkshire

What's Hot
Bit of a long shot, but anyone within reasonable distance of Sheffield got an AVRI 52 telecaster they don't mind me having a bit of a noodle on? I'm considering a Telecaster upgrade, but the neck is going to be a big thing for me being rather used to medium jumbo frets, 9 1/2 radius and modern C shape, so I'm wanting to feel it out before I start thinning the herd a little ready for financing.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    tFB Trader
    Don't they have any in stock at Richtone at the moment - Neck shape is certainly a matter of taste but if you like 9.5" radius + MJ frets then you'll find an AVRi 'stiff' to play with a lacquered fingerboard, vintage frets and 7.25" radius - certainly a little less user friendly IMO, especially when string bending
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    edited September 2017
    It's more money, but I had a Custom Shop 52 Tele that had a C shape neck (similar to early 60s Strat I think) and huge frets, along with a 9.5" radius.

Personally, I didn't like it over much, and would have probably preferred a 50s neck and slightly smaller frets, but if you don't get on with the AVRI 52 then saving up for something like that might be the answer.  The Fender Custom Shop do make a lot of guitars with hybrid specs.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    Hard to go back to 7:25 radius after 9.5. I'd look out for one of the limited edition Hot Rod '52s they did with the flatter board and medium jumbo's.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Strat54 said:
    Hard to go back to 7:25 radius after 9.5. I'd look out for one of the limited edition Hot Rod '52s they did with the flatter board and medium jumbo's.  
    I'm quite happy with both my 7.25" Strats.  Don't miss the 9.5" Tele at all.
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    Didn`t they do a Hotrod `52 with 9.5 radius ?
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 846
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited September 2017
    Will this one do?

https://i.imgur.com/RhAqj54.jpg

Live in Harrogate. Spend some time Rotherham for gigs and rehearsals though...

2016 model btw so one of the newer ones!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Will this one do?

A 52 Tele and a Princeton, lovely.

• Will this one do?

A 52 Tele and a Princeton, lovely.
    Cheers!

I've just bought a 68' Deluxe Reverb (RI) for bigger gigs. A tele and either of those amps are the perfect combo!

The truck in the picture was 1952 too!
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    there seems to be one at Richtone: http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/fender-american-vintage-telecaster.htm or is it the wrong spec / series / whatever?

• NPP said:
    there seems to be one at Richtone: http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/fender-american-vintage-telecaster.htm or is it the wrong spec / series / whatever?

It was the right spec...Ironically it came into stock in the store (rather than available on special order) a couple of hours after I posted here.

Which did mean I got to wander over and give it a try...it actually got brought out in the shipping box, so I got the full unboxing experience. It was absolutely lush and the guitar was a beauty too. Really surprised myself how nice it did feel...I don't have the largest hands...I'm 5ft 8 without much bulk and hands are to scale, albeit fingers maybe a touch long - but it felt really comfortable as a larger neck with vintage radius and shorter, narrower frets than I'm used to. Thumb over actually feels more comfortable and out of the box it was set up nicely where I don't feel like there's bends I can't do on it.

So long story short...48 hours of sleeping on it, making the standard promises to the better half (will stop looking at guitars all the bloody time etc.) and figuring if I can live on beans on toast etc and it's come home with me.

I'll try and get some pictures up when I get a moment...also got to get some pictures of guitars that might just be making some room (a 2017 Les Paul Tribute in Vintage Sunburst, 2016 60's Les Paul Tribute in Honeyburst and an FSR MIM Ash Telecaster with the reverse control panel) to get listed on here!

Cheers all for the response...particularly Panama Jack for the GAS worthy picture! I'm down the Vox side of things for mine, but lots of love for your choice!