PRS SE One Vibrato Modifications

FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
edited September 2017 in Making & Modding
Has anyone in tFB land added a vibrato bridge or bridge and tailpiece combination to a PRS SE One? If so, how well did it turn out? 

I am mulling over whether to steal the LesPaulJazzBastard concept from @HarrySeven and apply it to this guitar?

https://i.imgur.com/3tupz58.jpg?4

Could use a Kahler. Could use a Fender Floating (like Harry). Could use one of those lumpen Schaller all-in-ones. It would be easiest of all to use a replica of a short Vibrola - like the Melody Maker in the photograph. 

I would be interested to see photographs of what you have. Thank you in advance.
You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have the same dilemma at the moment I have an SG junior build in the wings and thinking I could add a Duesenberg Les Trem if I use the wrap over as a bridge and fix it directly to the body but just not sure if it will line up. I have looked at the Maestro stuff but they seem pretty expensive for a bit of bent metal. 
  • I have pretty much decided not bother. TBH, I am surprised that nobody has chipped in to either suggest a Bigsby or has posted photographs of one installed on a PRS SE One.
  • All that said I am loving my SE One LOL
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3005
    I have pretty much decided not bother. TBH, I am surprised that nobody has chipped in to either suggest a Bigsby or has posted photographs of one installed on a PRS SE One.
    It's funny you say that I had a PRS SE One same colour & everything that I sold to Jooky Chap who then sold it to @Stonevibe and he stuck a Bigsby on that
  • I was hoping that somebody might post a few pics. I suspect that the result would be too lumpy to fit in a Hiscox Liteflite case. Plus, I am no great fan of Bigsby vibratos.