Questions about the Meris Ottobit Jr

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
edited September 2017 in FX
i have just done something I thought I'd never do (again) and sold on my H9 in favour of a Mobius, because I just preferred the mods and filter on the Strymon.

What I'm missing though is octave, pitchshifting, sequencing and arpeggiating, and I thought of the Ottobit.

Can it do straight octave up/down pitchshifting, as well as all the amazing bitcrushing sampler weirdness, and how much control do you have over sequenced arpeggio patterns?

In short, talk to me about the Ottobit, how much you like it/didn't get on with it, what you mostly use it for, etc.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• One for @GavRichList ;
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    edited September 2017
    Ha. You wont use it for pitch stuff.... it does glitch both up and down, and the bit redux stuff is elective - 100% clean also perfectly possible. Has a lovely filter on it. It's fundamentally a glitch machine and 6 stage sequencer at its core, and it can do both of these things from pristine clean to absolutely destroyed. Great fun. 

A box that writes music basically; very inspiring. You won't use it on every track, but it'll write a few of its own. 

"Minus The Bear" in a box. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited September 2017
    It looks like it's the kind of box that generates and inspires composition almost as much as it compliments it. I could arse around for hours with the Ottobit and Timeline creating trancey sequences.
  • I've been blown away by how good the two Meris pedals are. The Mercury is on par with my MF104M at the top of my favourite pedals of all time. 
  • I've been blown away by how good the two Meris pedals are. The Mercury is on par with my MF104M at the top of my favourite pedals of all time. 
    That is a high accolade. I don't think it's worth me replacing my Big Sky with a Mercury 7, but it does sound absolutely beautiful. The Cathedral mode is enormous.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    "Minus The Bear" in a box. 
    I'd love to see Dave Knudson with an Ottobit, he'd find some incredible glitch tapping in there.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Also Gav, can the Mercury7 do reverse reverb?
  • VJIves said:
    Also Gav, can the Mercury7 do reverse reverb?
    No, but the autoswell is great, so that gets you half the way there. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    I've been blown away by how good the two Meris pedals are. The Mercury is on par with my MF104M at the top of my favourite pedals of all time. 
    That is a high accolade. I don't think it's worth me replacing my Big Sky with a Mercury 7, but it does sound absolutely beautiful. The Cathedral mode is enormous.

In a month you'll have both.

in 3 months you'll need a bigger board.

in 6 months you'll have a door sized board.

in 9 months you'll decide to trim it down again

in 12 months you'll have 1 drive pedal and a H9

:)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:
    I've been blown away by how good the two Meris pedals are. The Mercury is on par with my MF104M at the top of my favourite pedals of all time. 

In a month you'll have both.

in 3 months you'll need a bigger board.

in 6 months you'll have a door sized board.

in 9 months you'll decide to trim it down again

in 12 months you'll have 1 drive pedal and a H9

:)

LOL awarded... and rightly so. However,

*looks at credit cards*

Much as that merrygoround looks fun, and I'm one of many here who gone through the cut down board/build up board thing many times, I really can't afford it.