Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Need a bedroom amp that I can gig

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I second the fact that Egnater are underrated. However, way too loud for home in my experience. 

Have you tried the Boss Katana? I'm hugely impressed. 

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm enjoying these suggestions, so thank you for all of them. The H&K 18 is basically what I thought I'd be recommended! But the JCM 800 is what I want.

Once I'm home (currently watching the Foo on Jools Holland at the Albert Hall- Interval!) I'll look for clips of all suggested.

Cheers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I second the fact that Egnater are underrated. However, way too loud for home in my experience. 

Have you tried the Boss Katana? I'm hugely impressed. 

I'm guessing that's the 'Bigger Egnators'? - I run a tweaker 15 at home, it has an excellent master volume and sounds great at low and very low volumes through a 1x12. Its tiny too and easy to grab and go, then plug into a 4x12 at the studio. 
  • Oh, throw a bad monkey (or TS of choice) in front of the tweaker, Amp low gain mode, gain up high, Pedal low gain, volume cranked - and it does a pretty good JCM800 impression.
  • The best "grab" amp in my opinion is the Tiny Terror combo. Quiet or loud it sounds great, one of my favourite amp designs .
  • Hughes and Kettner tubemeister 18? I'm basically shopping for an amp with the same specs as you and this is what keeps coming up. 

It has loads of options for power soak and H&K's Redbox DI

Which Hughes and Kettner was it we had on the backline at the Leicester jam?  I played my Epi Les Paul through it at one point and it sounded epic and was wonderfully loud?

I can't remember who brought it - anyone remember?  I'll tag @bridgehouse because he is the jam-meister and probably knows?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    @Legionreturns I think owned it...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    edited September 2017
    I'd actually be interested but I can't justify a trip to Huddersfield!

I really loved that tone that got dialled in for the "Anarchy In The UK" performance where it went "proper punk".  Definitely will have to look at H&K when I "go valve", the Epiphone Probucker pickups love that amp.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2017
    I'd actually be interested but I can't justify a trip to Huddersfield!

I really loved that tone that got dialled in for the "Anarchy In The UK" performance where it went "proper punk".  Definitely will have to look at H&K when I "go valve", the Epiphone Probucker pickups love that amp.
    I'm actually thinking about converting it to a head. There's almost no point selling it at that price

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I'd actually be interested but I can't justify a trip to Huddersfield!

I'm actually thinking about converting it to a head. There's almost no point selling it at that price
    Well I'm surprised you haven't shifted it, if you take it to T'Northern jam stick "for sale" on it on the backline, bet you will sell it that day.

If you decided to come down to the Northampton jam (unlikely i know, its miles away from you) again, I wouldn't be surprised if you shift it.
  • There's a Fender Princeton Recording Amp in the classifides,I use one in my home studio.
    Monster tones at a whisper and without the attenuater,well you guess....
    DI out/hedphone socket/corking........