Confused about how to complete E shape G major scale

What's Hot
To finish the scale do I play (fingers) 412 to finish on the root note as Justin says? He seems to play only 2 notes to end the scale in his video demonstration, so I'm totally confused and want to be sure I'm playing it right.

https://www.justinguitar.com/en/IM-113-MajorScalePos1.php
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• neilgneilg Frets: 94
    The note under your second finger is the root which is why he's finishing on that.
  • Sorry I haven't been as clear as I could have been. He seems to play only 2 notes on the low E to finish. Is it 3 notes and are they fingers 4 1 2 ? 
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    All three notes are in the scale but when learning scales you want to end on the root note.  I woudn't worry about it, you could play it either way as long as you end on the root.
  • As it says the red notes are the root notes, so to play whole scales you'll start and end on those. So it's two notes on the low E with fingers 4 and 2. Just two notes on the high E too, fingers 1 and 2.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I found another of his vids for the same scale. 
    He ends with fingers 4 2 1 2 on low e. 

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    4 2 finishes the scale. The 1 2 which follow are a final flourish to make it sound good.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, it's 4 2 to finish.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Just checked out Justin's actual website, as opposed to his YouTube channel - some interesting-looking masterclasses I'll check out!
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    Just checked out Justin's actual website, as opposed to his YouTube channel - some interesting-looking masterclasses I'll check out!
    The website is amazing. If all you have ever known is YouTube then you're going to find so much more. There's a website revamp and much much more coming along in the near future too.
  • IMO there's a difference between playing the scale from its lowest root to its highest root (and back down again), and playing all the notes out of that scale which are reachable in this position. So the G maj scale in strictly 3 notes per string goes (in shape 1)

(6) GAB 1-2-4 stretch fingering
    (5) CDE 1-2-4 stretch fingering
    (4) F#GA 1-2-4
    (3) BCD 1-2-4
    (2) EF#G 1-3-4
    (1) ABC 1-3-4

You should do both of

low G to high G and down again to train your ears (and to comply with Rockschool exam rules)
    low G as far as you can get to the high C to train your fingers

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself