Fender SRV on Gumtree

What's Hot
JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
edited February 2014 in Guitar

Hello guys, just in case anybody has seen this ad up in Leeds and is interested, just a heads up. This used to be my guitar and it's a cracker but it's not exactly how the guy is advertising it. It's in a different case but everything else is as it was when I sold it.These are the actual specs of the guitar so it's not really a genuine SRV Custom shop Strat with a Warmoth neck as he's intimating but it is quality all the way through :- 

A Fender SRV Signature Strat replica specs as below:- 

Genuine Fender SRV signature Strat body ( part no. 0038918-600 ) 

Genuine Fender SRV signature Strat pickguard assy including the Custom Shop Texas Special pickups and wiring 

Warmoth Pro SRV profile neck and fretboard and all in stunning pau ferro. Double trussrod with side adjuster, with 1 5/8" black corian nut, 12" radius fretboard ( if I remember right but it's quite flat as is Stevie's ) £280 new 

Gotoh Vintage correct left hand trem model no. SST2GL £45 new 

Gotoh Vintage tuners model no. GK1LG £38 new 

Schaller Strap locks model no. SSL1G £15 new 

comes with perfect condition hard case and spare springs and allen key adjuster. All together the build cost £850 with the case and then it was put together by a pro so a good £950 worth. The body and pickguard assy were bought used but in excellent condition for £450 alone and all other parts were bought new. There are no dings whatsoever on the guitar or case so a cracking strat for someone
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• And the asking price is £900.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33792
    Doesn't matter how good it is- £900 is utterly delusional- you'll pay less than that for the real thing.

Some people live in fantasy land.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    Indeed! I actually bought it from a bloke who'd basically stopped playing and just wanted rid of it. I saw it advertised on Gumtree an hour after he posted it and got it for £200! He even delivered it to my parents house in Durham for me as he lived nearby. Sold it on for £500 about a year later as I didn't really like the flat radius fingerboard but knew it was worth that at least. Wish I'd kept it really but £900!! You can pick up a pukka SRV Strat for £650 if you keep an eye out so he's barking really.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wasn't this up on MR? I got very lusty for it iirc..
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Yes it was. I sold it to a guy off the Musicradar Forum last year.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832

By far the nicest stratocaster I've ever played. 
    Well worth its four figure price tag, and a strong investment. 
    Can arrange viewing and can arrange delivery. 

Isn't £900 three figures? 
    I don't think Warmoth necks are an upgrade from US Fender, either. 
    To be fair, the neck was a thing of beauty. I just prefer a more traditional Fender radius which is why I sold it on. It was beautifully finished and the fretwork was bang on. It was my first experience of an aftermarket neck and at least on a par with any USA Strat I've ever owned. I've had 6 USA Standards and 3 USA Deluxes so I've had a fair few to compare it to.
    They're on par, but not an upgrade IMO. 

People tout them as being 'custom shop' quality and give them various other accolades. I've had two Warmoth builds and always found the pro construction neck to lend a weird tone to the guitar, probably something to do with there being more metal in the neck due to the dual trusses. 
    I think I'd agree with you there actually. The guitar did have a very percussive, bright sound to it unplugged ( which I must admit I liked ) but I thought it was more to do with the Pau ferro neck and fretboard. The SRV signature is Pau Ferro fretboard and maple neck?
    I'm not actually sure. I think Pau Ferro board, never looked into the SRV strats. 
    I've defected to a Musicman Axis SS and a Tele Plus now. No Strat on the horizon for the forseeable unless I spot another bargain!