When you're supposed to be selling off some guitars but it all goes Pete Tong...

What's Hot
Had someone round to look at a guitar earlier. One I took in a trade a couple of weeks back and was happy to be moving on. He played it and was (I think) fairly sold but wants to think about it. He leaves and I decide to have a little noodle on it before putting it away. Fuck. I really like this guitar. It was a quick easy trade and should be a no brainer to make space for something else that's coming but it plays so nice. 

For the sake of barely more than a couple of hundred quid and some storage space I've now got no idea what to do. (Other than further vex the ever concerned Mrs Returns by taking up more space!) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    Once you've decided to sell, never, *never*, **NEVER** play the guitar again.

Never.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

Never.
    ;)
    Bit f'ing late for that pearl of wisdom Tony! But thanks! 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    Never!!!

(I made the same mistake myself a few times - learned the lesson the hard way)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • If someone needs to go away and think about whether to buy the guitar, it's possible he won't come back, giving you an opportunity to keep it! Alternatively, if he comes back you get to sell it and make space for your new acquisition. Either way, you win!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiem said:
    If someone needs to go away and think about whether to buy the guitar, it's possible he won't come back
    Could be a tyre kicker. Could be that Mrs. Someone Round To Look has to be placated before another guitar will be given house room.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    TTony said:

Never.
    ;)

Instead, give it to TTony to play.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    If you wanna keep it, just say you've changed your mind? 

I mean, if you feel so awful you can't tell the truth, just tell him you sold it. Fuck 'em.
  • You will change your mind again next week. if the buyer wants it, let it go man.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Don't think I've ever sold anything unless I've needed the cash.
    I wouldn't have bought it if I wasn't thinking of keeping it. It's only a guitar, they don't take up that much room, especially if you put them on wall hangers.
  • CarpeDiem said:
    If someone needs to go away and think about whether to buy the guitar, it's possible he won't come back
    Could be a tyre kicker. Could be that Mrs. Someone Round To Look has to be placated before another guitar will be given house room.
    Don't think he's a tyre kicker... He bought a pedal whilst here and only lives around the corner. 

• I've now got no idea what to do. (Other than further vex the ever concerned Mrs Returns by taking up more space!) 

I think you know what to do unless you like sleeping in that cold, draughty shed with all those spiders ;)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

Never.
    ;)

^This. x100.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Yup once it's up for sale don't play it again. If I put one up for sale it goes in its case so I can't even see it.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I have a great guitar I'm psyching myself up to part with. I haven't opened the case for a year!
  • TTony said:

Never.
    ;)

^This. x100.
    I'll add never play it once it's sold either. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom