Liam Gallagher - For What It's Worth (Live at Air Studios)

What's Hot
It's alright that...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    A rather obvious message to his brother it would seem.  Maybe age has mellowed him?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Sounds like his best stuff since Oasis, I hope the brothers bury the hatchet

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Sounds like his best stuff since Oasis, I hope the brothers bury the hatchet
    Dread to think what the rest is like. A whiny voice and a hook don't make a song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm liking Liam's solo stuff so far.  Better than the second Beady Eye album (mind you, so is everything).  Better than any Beady Eye really.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The guy on keys is Christian Madden from Burnley, just down the road from me. I have played many many gigs with him, ever since he was still at school in the 90's. He's an absolute top bloke. So pleased for him.

Rob,
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    Dread to think what the rest is like. A whiny voice and a hook don't make a song.
    This one sounds just like Oasis and many Beatles songs, I guess you're not a fan?

whiny voice? What like "sunsheeeiiiine" ? 

He may not be the worlds best songwriter but he's had more milions sellers than you or I!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    JezWynd said:
    This one sounds just like Oasis and many Beatles songs, I guess you're not a fan?

He may not be the worlds best songwriter but he's had more milions sellers than you or I!
    Which Beatles songs does this sound like, exactly?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Ossyrocks said:
    The guy on keys is Christian Madden from Burnley, just down the road from me. I have played many many gigs with him, ever since he was still at school in the 90's. He's an absolute top bloke. So pleased for him.

Rob,
    I've seen him play with The Earlies, Tokolosh and in Liam Frost's solo backing band. Well chuffed for him. 
  • Top stuff. My good friend of 20 years on guitar too. Liam is a lovely fella and I wish him all the best with this record. Everything I've heard from it sounds great and the writers he's working with know where he wants to be. 

I get sick of the lazy insults to Liam and oasis from people know know nothing about them. They owe(d) more to the sex pistols than the Beatles. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    JezWynd said:

Critical appraisal would be pretty thin on the ground if we all had to match the subject for success. Liam had one of the great R 'n R voices, up there with Lennon and Jagger for sneery, bolshy angst but it seems to have thinned a little as he's got older.

Has he written any notable songs? Honest question, I always though Noel took care of that.
  • Too mellow for me, as with most Oasis stuff since the 2nd album. I don't think Liams voice suits it. Their "best stuff" had edginess and energy to it, upbeat songs backed by dimed marshall amps. If Liam went back to that sound I think he would make a significant come back and wipe the floor with Noel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Too mellow for me, as with most Oasis stuff since the 2nd album. I don't think Liams voice suits it. Their "best stuff" had edginess and energy to it, upbeat songs backed by dimed marshall amps. If Liam went back to that sound I think he would make a significant come back and wipe the floor with Noel.
    I think you'll like the album then....
  • JezWynd said:
    JezWynd said:

Critical appraisal would be pretty thin on the ground if we all had to match the subject for success. Liam had one of the great R 'n R voices, up there with Lennon and Jagger for sneery, bolshy angst but it seems to have thinned a little as he's got older.

Has he written any notable songs? Honest question, I always though Noel took care of that.

You're right about his song writing credits, I had thought he wrote a few notable later Oasis songs, I mistakenly though he wrote Let There Be Love (I wasn't really following them at the time) but it appears he didn't write too much of note. The new ones for this album look like collaborations.

Bottom line is you either like this new song or you don't.

I do and I'm looking forward to hearing the album.

• Nice rosewood neck tele in this vid. Anyone know what model? I first through AV64 but it's got a mint green guard and I think the AV64 has white, the Mexican Series Classic 60s tele has the mint guard. A pro using a Mexican Tele shocker?

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    Too mellow for me, as with most Oasis stuff since the 2nd album. I don't think Liams voice suits it. Their "best stuff" had edginess and energy to it, upbeat songs backed by dimed marshall amps. If Liam went back to that sound I think he would make a significant come back and wipe the floor with Noel.
    I think you'll like the album then....
    Everything I've heard sounds great to me. Far better than the stuff he did with Beady Eye, IMHO.

It is "cool" to knock Liam (and Noel for that matter) in some circles but fair play they've made music that mattered a lot to a lot of people. Liam also seems to be genuinely giving towards his fans - and is a lot more smart than he gets credit for. He's the sort of guy I'd like to have a beer with and chat about music as I think he'd be good company.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice rosewood neck tele in this vid. Anyone know what model? I first through AV64 but it's got a mint green guard and I think the AV64 has white, the Mexican Series Classic 60s tele has the mint guard. A pro using a Mexican Tele shocker?
    It's old. Mike got it recently. Also a very nice 59 JM which should end up being used.
  • impmann said:
    It is "cool" to knock Liam (and Noel for that matter) in some circles but fair play they've made music that mattered a lot to a lot of people. Liam also seems to be genuinely giving towards his fans - and is a lot more smart than he gets credit for. He's the sort of guy I'd like to have a beer with and chat about music as I think he'd be good company.
    Spot on, me too.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It's old. Mike got it recently. Also a very nice 59 JM which should end up being used.
    Old? But not an original 60s Tele, the pickguard is the modern faux mint green.what model is it?

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    I like that.... which is nice.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1083
    He's great isn't he! Going to watch him in December with a load of mates and jump around like I'm 18 again!