Anyone using a Tech 21 Flyrig "Brit" or your opinions on flyrig 5 or rk5

hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4085
Hi I've been wrestling with which one to get, I like Marshall sound, and stuff I like to play is ,  guns n roses, aerosmith, faster pussycat, sleaze and hair metal.

i initially thought flyrig 5 would be ok , then thought I'd be better with RK 5 , now I think the Brit would be best compromise. Appreciate your input..... thanks in advance ........ Paul
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Unless the size is a must have feature for you I don't think any of them are particularly convincing
    I keep a fly rig 5 in the bag in case the main rig goes tonto but on the couple of occasions I've had to use it it was dissapointing
    Tried the RK one, same deal with a bit more gain and a bit more mid. Not tried the brit one
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Confused - I thought the original FlyRig had a Plexi inspired drive section?  In which case, what's different about the "Brit" version?

Also, very disappointed they didn't update this with some of the really useful features they put in the bass version (XLR out, 9v power and a FRICKIN TUNER!)  Don't guitarists deserve that good stuff too?
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • I really liked the FR5 and I love the RK5. I'm also a big fan of the delay section
  • Thanks for your input guys.   Yes I have a couple of marshalls but would like something I can take to jam nights, jams etc , that is portable as I have to rely on walking or public transport.

yes the fr5 is based on the plexi, the Brit is supposed to emulate the metalface marshalls that came after with a tighter bottom end and more mid's .  I enjoy using my joyo British sound which is a clone of the tech 21 pedal and having something like that in a compact unit with delay ,reverb, amp sim, Marshall overdrive and boost would be great.  Thanks...... Paul
  • Thanks for your input guys.   Yes I have a couple of marshalls but would like something I can take to jam nights, jams etc , that is portable as I have to rely on walking or public transport.

yes the fr5 is based on the plexi, the Brit is supposed to emulate the metalface marshalls that came after with a tighter bottom end and more mid's .  I enjoy using my joyo British sound which is a clone of the tech 21 pedal and having something like that in a compact unit with delay ,reverb, amp sim, Marshall overdrive and boost would be great.  Thanks...... Paul
    The RK drive sections cuts through really well. It has a nice pronounced mid and you can easily cut through a band when playing lead