Guitar pick collection - a snip £9,000!

What's Hot
Saw this on Ebay -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Pick-Collection-325-Very-Rare-from-Vai-Moore-Yngwie-Satch-U2-VH-/332376013048?hash=item4d632778f8:g:iu8AAOSwefVZpVXk

How could anyone think this collection is worth that much money? I can't find anything signed by George Harrison, SRV, Django Reinhardt, Les Paul or Hendrix.

Bonkers.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• "This collection is for the serious guitar pick collector who knows the true value of it and can appreciate the future investment of owning it."
    Really!!??
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SaddlepunkSaddlepunk Frets: 47
    edited September 2017
    "This collection is for the serious guitar pick collector who knows the true value of it and can appreciate the future investment of owning it."
    Go on, be off with you - lunatic millionaire with £9,000 burning a hole in your pocket, just keep walking - serious pick collectors only!

If there are pick collectors out there (and I'm not convinced) by definition they'll have their own collections and, even if they have a few grand slushing about looking for a new home, why would they want this one? It makes no sense.

Look at it another way, if you're not a pick collector, even if you have a few grand slushing about looking for a new home, why would you want to buy a 9 grand pick collection? It makes no sense.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Okay. He's saying that some of them are worth hundreds of pounds each. Which ones would they be? 

Do we have any plectrum aficionados here who can tell us the good picks from the average ones? 

Id have to be honest and say the folders they are housed in are probably worth more than the picks themselves. But I'm no expert. 

:smile: 
  • It's all very well spending £9000 on a pick collection until you drop the binder ONCE and they all get teleported to a different dimension like EVERY OTHER PICK I'VE EVER BOUGHT!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    Saw this on Ebay -
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Pick-Collection-325-Very-Rare-from-Vai-Moore-Yngwie-Satch-U2-VH-/332376013048?hash=item4d632778f8:g:iu8AAOSwefVZpVXk

How could anyone think this collection is worth that much money? I can't find anything signed by George Harrison, SRV, Django Reinhardt, Les Paul or Hendrix.

Bonkers.
    and none by Mark Knopfler or Wes Montgomery

I'm sure we could all pick up a better deal than that
  • quit picking on the guy
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SaddlepunkSaddlepunk Frets: 47
    edited September 2017
    lonestar said:
    Okay. He's saying that some of them are worth hundreds of pounds each. Which ones would they be? 

Do we have any plectrum aficionados here who can tell us the good picks from the average ones? 

Forget the £9,000 350 pick collection, the only way you're going to make anything from this is to sell one pick to a deluded Gary Moore fan who believes (because I bet you haven't got any proof) that Gary Moore played with/spat on/scribbled his name on it, for £28 or there abouts. Likewise a Johnny Marr fan - Oh, no, sorry, you don't have that one! etc etc.

And if you sell all 350 of them individually to deluded fans who'll accept your solemn word that you're not mad and are telling the truth about their provenance and you haven't just scribbled on them yourself, you'll get £9,000!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Fast & Free postage! 

You could have them by Wednesday.. buy buy BUYYYY!
  • I've got a pick sent to me personally by Adrain Thorp with his signature indelibly embossed on it - anyone? Neunaber? Fairfield Circuitry....come on!
  • Wonder if he'd swap the lot straight up for the one BB King gave me 30 years ago?  Cos I wouldn't :)
  • clarkefan said:
    Wonder if he'd swap the lot straight up for the one BB King gave me 30 years ago?  Cos I wouldn't :)

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    Probably plucked that number out of thin air.... 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview