What amp is Paul reed Smith playing through here?

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938

PRS being a teeny little bit annoying showing off his pedals here but more interestingly, what amp is he playing through from 09:00? It looks like a Blackface fender but that's not a Fender badge. Is it an original Boogie (modded Fender)?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds nice, I'm not up with fender models and clones but my first thought was "oh that looks a bit like the Friedman nameplates"
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • The cabinet proportions are not quite right for a Princeton or a Deluxe. More like a Bandmaster Reverb head that has been cut down and rebuilt narrower.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thought it sounded terrible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    That snare rattle would drive me insane 
  • uncledick said:
    Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thought it sounded terrible.
    The octave sounded immense
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Shouldn't he be using one of his PRS amps?
    That's not very good advertising.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Am I not the only one who had a Pearl Octaver in the mid-80's because it sounded good in the shop, only to find no use for it and to take it apart for fun before throwing it away?

Only to now be gutted that people hunt them out (like the Arion Chorus which was the next pedal in my chain!)

• Sassafras said:
    Stranger still that he's playing a 408 not a Pauls guitar. To be fair to Paul he always says he loves guitars and will play anything he likes, the factory is filled with all different types of guitar apparently 
  • Sassafras said:
    Stranger still that he's playing a 408 not a Pauls guitar. To be fair to Paul he always says he loves guitars and will play anything he likes, the factory is filled with all different types of guitar apparently 
    Still got his name on the headstock. 
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited September 2017
    The octave sounded immense

I saw Alan Murphy use one of those Pearl OC-07 octave pedals back when he was a demonstrator for Yamaha guitars - and I totally fell in love with the sound; all four octaves going, touch of grit = instant Hammond B3!    Couldn't find one anywhere though...

Eventually, some 30+ years later, I discovered (and bought!) the only octaver that's come anywhere-near to sounding as good as the Pearl did in my memories of that night - and that's the TC Sub'n'Up.

I'm sure, technically, the TC is probably better in every single respect, but the Pearl still has my heart - and I'd still like to get my hands on one, one day, if only to A/B them for old times sake...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2371
    Sassafras said:
    Yep, he even has some Chad Underwood built Fender clones complete with 'F' decals! 
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    There must be a clone for the Pearl out there somewhere? I know Madbean do a PCB for one. Personally I hate the sound of the digital polyphonic octavers out there, to me they sound thin and trebly with annoying latency.