Brandon Ellis - for fans of (good) shred lead

What's Hot
Wonder if this guy might be up @Bucket 's street

Guy has some killer vibrato, and look, he can play chords too.  Skip to 36 seconds if shred > chords.

Anyway, only recently heard about the guy (he's the current touring guitarist for Black Dahlia Murder, one of my favourite heavy bands) and what sticks out for me is he has some great touch and vibrato, along with obvious face melt mode.

Won't appeal to blues fans, but I'd guess people who like Friedman/Lynch/Becker/Gilbert etc might enjoy!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Only watched the last video but was impressive!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    He's fantastic!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • one of a few players that really have my attention at the moment. Like a younger Paul Gilbert. He has an awesome guitar collection too
  • Yeah definitely.  

This one is nice too 

• very impressive

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Did you find this chap through the recent URM podcast interview with TBDM's singer? I think Ellis is now actually a full band member, though.

The Metalguitarist lads brought him to my attention a few months ago. Killer chops, and as Steve says, a great collection of cool guitars.

• DLM said:

Did you find this chap through the recent URM podcast interview with TBDM's singer? I think Ellis is now actually a full band member, though.

The Metalguitarist lads brought him to my attention a few months ago. Killer chops, and as Steve says, a great collection of cool guitars.

I didn't realise they'd done an interview with the singer  - but it did come up on another URM podcast, the one with the guy from Gear Gods 
  • You must be ahead of me in terms of URM podcasts now @DLM ; lol
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

No, I've still loads of the back catalogue to catch up on!

I loved the show with the guy from Gear Gods: loads of shred guitar talk! :lol:

https://urm.academy/ep63-trey-xavier/

The best bit was Eyal's conspiracy theory as to why LaBrie is still in Dream Theater! I guffawed!

• Haha yeah that was funny 
  • I like LaBrie on the albums but haven't seen them live. Can see he's an acquired taste though 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    wow he's awesome :D
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1073
    edited September 2017
    Tasty,he's like all my fav 80/90's shrapnel guys rolled into one ! and yes he has a great taste in guitars.
    Anyone know what brand/model that pink pearl guitar is in the 3 video? love the floyd HS layout on it.

Edit..digging through some YT replys i found out its a Barrington BRG882T/C ...another one for the shopping list ;)

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Yup, pretty good, although my days of listening to shred are mostly behind me now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    The thing I always find watching these clips is that, for me anyway, it sounds faster than it looks.  I watch his hands and of course it's extremely fast and fluid, but it doesn't look absolutely impossible.

Impossible for me though.  Very impressive.
  • Bit of Jason Becker in there. Impressive.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent