Ray Donovan

What's Hot
Season 5 Episode 6 done, this season starting to rev up now. I really like it.

Top quality. I want to go to LA and visit all the places in the show.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Just on episode 3 of season 5, I'm hoping it's heading back to Ray being a fixer again, like in season 1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    I'm only up to episode 3 of the current season, one of my favourite shows. 
  • Possible spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that season 5 was a little slow at first, but I'm interest to see where it's headed, plus Lili Simmons keeps my interest <3.

I didn't like the flashbacks about Abby's illness (Paula Malcomson, who plays Abby, is a good Belfast woman BTW!!).  I hope they reveal how Ray and Terry made that wee lad with cancer miss his surgery.  
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited September 2017
    Possible spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that season 5 was a little slow at first, but I'm interest to see where it's headed, plus Lili Simmons keeps my interest 3.

I didn't like the flashbacks about Abby's illness (Paula Malcomson, who plays Abby, is a good Belfast woman BTW!!).  I hope they reveal how Ray and Terry made that wee lad with cancer miss his surgery.  
    Yep, Lili Simmons is charming but my God would I like a go with Susan Sarendon! She looks amazing, those eyes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I thought that season 5 was a little slow at first, but I'm interest to see where it's headed, plus Lili Simmons keeps my interest 3.

Yep, Lili Simmons is charming but my God would I like a go with Susan Sarendon! She looks amazing, those eyes.
    Yeah she looks good for 70.  I thought that Ray was going to have a crack at her when she asked him "do you think about me?"  

Do you think Avi will get killed?  I thought that Mick was maybe going to take his mum hostage or something.  
  • Going to wait then watch all of it over a few days. Season 3 has been my favourite so far. The finale was epic.

Its up there with Breaking Bad.

Yeah she looks good for 70.  I thought that Ray was going to have a crack at her when she asked him "do you think about me?"  

Do you think Avi will get killed?  I thought that Mick was maybe going to take his mum hostage or something.  
    I saw the preview of the next episode and it looks like Ray has to intervene to recue Mickey (again). Not sure where it goes but I reckon Ray will be faced with a decision regarding Avi.

isn't Jon Voight superb as Mickey? A real quality show with superb acting, I hope it has a few more seasons left yet.

• +1 for Jon "hey ray ray" Voight. 

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited September 2017
    Zoolooter said:
    Going to wait then watch all of it over a few days. Season 3 has been my favourite so far. The finale was epic.

Its up there with Breaking Bad.
    Nowhere near IMHO.

I've watched first 4 series - mostly because it started earlier in the season than other shows I watched at the time.
    Schreiber and Voight are really good in it and the intrigue throughout first 3 series was quite interesting but it was pretty downhill from there. Boring.

Also - superb acting? Lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Possible spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that season 5 was a little slow at first, but I'm interest to see where it's headed, plus Lili Simmons keeps my interest <3.

Spoilers

Did Ray get him to miss his surgery at all? What came out of that story line is it seems Terry and the annoying daughter may have helped Abbie on her way at the end.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Wish they wind-up the backstories and get on with it. ;)

Jon Voight is brilliant as the douchebag father ! Also Ray's assistant Lena (Katherine Moennig) character is great

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Ray is a scumbag, but he's a great character and a romantic version of something most people could probably be if the money was right.
  • Does anyone else think that Ray Donavan is a bit like GTA V in a TV series?

Does anyone else think that Ray Donavan is a bit like GTA V in a TV series?

Yeah very much in that vein really, paid to do dirty things for rich people, not so much petty crime but that kind of world for sure.
  • So, did anyone see episode 7?  

Mick and Darryl are really in trouble this time!!  
    So, did anyone see episode 7?  

Yeah watched it last night, that was a dumb move by Darryl not sure how they get out of that one.
  • underdog said:

Yeah watched it last night, that was a dumb move by Darryl not sure how they get out of that one.

Yep, "that's another fine mess" etc. Ray will fix it. I loved the fake execution of Avi, the special effects guy is just like the odd characters from the GTA games. 

• underdog said:

Yep, "that's another fine mess" etc. Ray will fix it. I loved the fake execution of Avi, the special effects guy is just like the odd characters from the GTA games. 
    I thought the special effects guy was Gary Busey at first. 

What I'm really interested in is what happen with Abbey and that wee boy.   I wonder if Ray will kill him.  

• Did anyone see episode 8 before I discuss it?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    not yet, tonight if I get time