SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Epiphone Tak Matsumoto DC Custom (double cut LP Custom w/Gibson pups!)

What's Hot
abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
edited December 2017 in Guitars £
This is a reluctant sale for me. I thought this one would be with me for a while but I just find myself playing it less and less and it really does deserve to be used. These are very rare in the UK. I've done a quick scout around and this seems to be the only for sale in the UK currently. I know I'll regret it one day but buying a house also twists my arm more that one of my guitars must go. It was purchased from PMT in Oxford in December last year.

This is the same scale length as an LP, but the bridge and neck are set much further into the body which makes for a very compact and playable guitar. Fitted with Gibson USA BurstBuckers with custom pole pieces for this guitar it sounds brilliant; plenty of bite on a crunch channel but cleans up with clarity.

Condition wise it has been used are there are some signs of use. Some slight swirling on the back, unavoidable on a shiny black guitar! Slight tarnishing on the gold (coated) hardware at the bridge. There is a slight nick in the clearcoat over the binding on the high E side at the 15th fret. Not noticeable whilst playing, and I'm fairly sure it must have been there since new and I missed it in the store! I think there is a bit of dust in the toggle switch too. Included is the custom fitted hardcase which does have a few marks on it (and it is custom made, it doesn't quite fit an LP comfortably). Comes with gold strap locks and all case candy is present. I changed the truss rod cover to a plain one rather than the standard gold, and swapped the 'snot green' tuners for a set of locking gold head tuners for a more Custom look. Both the original truss rod cover and tuners are included and in perfect condition.

Brief Specs:

Body Neck Top - Mahogany
Neck Profile - 60s Slim
Frets - 22
Fretboard - Ebony 14" radius (yes it is really ebony!)
Nut - 1.68"
Binding - Single play neck, five ply body and headstock
Bridge Pickup - Gibson BurstBucker 3
Neck Pickup - Gibson BurstBucker 2
Controls - 2 x volume, 1 x tone with black top hat knobs
Hardware - Gold with LockTone tunomatic bridge and tailpiece
Colour - Black Gloss
Weight - ~8lbs

The last one I saw for sale in the UK went for £550, I'm putting this one up for SOLD I'm based in Leamington, Warks. I'm not prepared to post but I'm happy to travel within reason to meet halfway. Pics to follow in the next post.

Thanks for looking.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments