TC Unitune clip

What's Hot
hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352

I'd not seen this before. Seems like a good idea for people who prefer to tune strings one at a time

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I have the polytune clip and always tune one string at a time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Gagaryn said:

Which makes me wonder what the point is. The Polytune Clip isn't exactly expensive, and lets you do what the Unitune does.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Feels like reinventing the previous thing that your last invention was supposed to improve...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Feels like reinventing the previous thing that your last invention was supposed to improve...

De-inventing the wheel?

Really, what is the point of this thing? Presumably to compete with the monophonic tuners everyone else makes at the £20-£30 price point.

• Gagaryn said:
    Yep

Feels like reinventing the previous thing that your last invention was supposed to improve...

De-inventing the wheel?

Really, what is the point of this thing? Presumably to compete with the monophonic tuners everyone else makes at the £20-£30 price point.
    I got a Polytune (new) for £25. 

Odd. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Oddest idea yet unless I'm overlooking something . It's a polytune minus a few features 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Had the TC e-mail with the subject line PLEASE CHANGE THIS SUBJECT LINE. 

Lol. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Isn't tuning one  string at a time the only way?
    I've only got one pair of hands.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Isn't tuning one  string at a time the only way?
    I've only got one pair of hands.
    Yeah, but checking your tuning between songs is much easier with the Polytune. It mutes automatically when you switch it on, then you strum the open strings to check if any are out. If they are, you tune one at a time, but only the ones that need it. 

• Maybe with Brexit and Trump and the current government TC think people are looking for stupid ideas that are worse than things were before them
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this the cheaper Behringer side of TC? Pointless.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Is this the cheaper Behringer side of TC? Pointless.
    Actually TC quality has if anything improved since they were bought by the same company which owns Behringer. Although they're still worse.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM said:
    Is this the cheaper Behringer side of TC? Pointless.
    Actually TC quality has if anything improved since they were bought by the same company which owns Behringer. Although they're still worse.

Unfortunately I would disagree judging by the Polytune 3 I returned. Cheap packaging, poor paintwork, wasn't impressed. Hopefully it was a one off.
  • Sometimes the polytune gets confused and goes into polytune mode even when you're trying to tune a single string, so if you never need the polytune feature, you might go for this.

This is the only advantage that I can think of...
  • I was thinking about getting a headstock tuner, just wondering if they mark your guitar?
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited September 2017
    I was thinking about getting a headstock tuner, just wondering if they mark your guitar?
    Not that I've noticed...(despite the guitar in the video above!). They usually have soft rubber pads that grip the guitar. Just make sure to take them off after using them, especially with nitro guitars.
  • Maynehead said:
    I was thinking about getting a headstock tuner, just wondering if they mark your guitar?
    Not that I've noticed...(despite the guitar in the video above!). They usually have soft rubber pads that grip the guitar. Just make sure to take them off after using them, especially with nitro guitars.
    Thanks, I think I should be ok with my finish.  
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Maynehead said:
    Sometimes the polytune gets confused and goes into polytune mode even when you're trying to tune a single string, so if you never need the polytune feature, you might go for this.

This is the only advantage that I can think of...
    I've stopped using my Polytune for that very reason. It can't seem to make its mind up. Very annoying.
  • I like the way they're making the dropping of a feature now a must have feature. Bit like their pedal tuners, having extolled the virtues of true bypass for years, now you can have them buffered,