Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Helix no......RICHTONE tale of woe.

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
edited September 2017 in FX
20 days ago I ordered a Helix. Bargain price, £1021 from Richtone, add in the 5% discount code I had a super buy at £985. I immediately paid 50% up front and had the rest on their easy 0% finance. All set up and sorted and my bank account nearly £500 lighter since I ordered. Now, after a week I called to chase up my order as it said "pre order - 3 to 7 days. So I call Richtone and they tell me somehow there'd been a mistake and Yamaha had not got the order...somehow my order was lost. So they "called yamaha" to see what was happening. They then tell me Yamaha was going to send one one....another week...nothing. So I call em again, and they again call Yamaha and tell me on the phone they're sending one out from their warehouse and it should land at Richtone headquarters in the next 2 days then they would forward it on to me...now since that call Monday this week has been and gone and nothing. I was going to call 'em today to cancel the order and go buy elsewhere, but before I finished work, I gets an email. Saying they've heard back from Yamaha they won't have 'em in stock for a few more weeks yet so they've cancelled my order. I then look online and the PMT deal of £1063 is now £1199. So whilst waiting on lies/false promises that one has been sent on its way from Yamaha (stalling tactics) the price has gone up and I've sold my GT-100 and a few other bits of gear on the strength of their promise. Am fuming....I think Richtone clearly were just stalling me to hopefully hang onto my order when Yamaha must have told them once if not twice already they had no stock to send out.  Now my choice is a used Helix (got one for a good price that's mint??) or but new at £1199.  
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Is it negative equity if you never owned it?

This sucks. Did they cancel the order with your consent? I have no idea legally if you could've requested to wait and receive at the price you paid
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No I did send an email last week saying if they haven't dispatched it by next Monday(*now past) that I'd cancel it anyway as I could've bought one from PMT music. I think they realised I was getting fed up and they knew they couldn't fob me off a 3rd time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    I think we all know from the other thread that Yamaha have whacked up the prices. So I'm guessing what has happened is:

They have taken your order, without having one in stock, then gone to Yamaha to buy one.
    Yamaha have told them the new wholesale price, which is now probably more than they would get from you
    ....so they have decided not to honour the order.

Not sure at what point a contract was created, or whether they can legally just cancel the order like that. What a ballache!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • The contract is created at the point where they ship the order. In fact they are breaking the law by taking your money before they ship. 

That is a technicality though, almost all ecommerce companies work in the same way. 

So while this totally sucks and you have been treated badly there isn't anything you can do apart from reconsider before you order from them again. 

Hope you get sorted soon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Fiftyshadesofjay is selling a minter. I've bought off him before
    fs-line-6-helix-mint-as-new-with-box

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • already seen it....thinking on it. ta :-)
  • NelsonP said:
    I think we all know from the other thread that Yamaha have whacked up the prices. So I'm guessing what has happened is:

They have taken your order, without having one in stock, then gone to Yamaha to buy one.
    Yamaha have told them the new wholesale price, which is now probably more than they would get from you
    ....so they have decided not to honour the order.

Not sure at what point a contract was created, or whether they can legally just cancel the order like that. What a ballache!

almost certainly. not a nice way to treat customers.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Perhaps Yamaha did send one out, but it went by global shipping :wink:

I might be confusing them with someone else, but haven't Richtone been mentioned on this forum a few times before for bad service?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Global shipping? Always a waste of time. Much betterer sending via Air PLANE. Always.

I've read bad reviews on here re Hotrox, but not recalling reading bad of Richtone...but its quite possible I'd have missed it if so.

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    Maybe the ship sailed off the edge of the earth? ;-)

Sorry - couldn't resist!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:
    @Fiftyshadesofjay is selling a minter. I've bought off him before
    fs-line-6-helix-mint-as-new-with-box

I second that I've bought off him before. Top chap. 
    Ive never actually met him tho......
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2326
    That sucks :( As you said, very annoying that in the meantime, PMT's one at a still-decent price has been raised.
  • relic245 said:
    The contract is created at the point where they ship the order. In fact they are breaking the law by taking your money before they ship. That is a technicality though, almost all ecommerce companies work in the same way. 
    A Home Counties retailer that I'm too nice to name has e-mailed on three separate occasions to announce the postponed arrival of a limited run PRS model that I pre-ordered over six months ago.

From the PRS product web page.
    "Due to unanticipated circumstances, we are experiencing a delay in the delivery of our Reclaimed Limited guitars. We are working hard to get our next batch of Brauna fretboards to the factory and ready for continued production. Please know that all orders will be fulfilled as soon as possible. We anticipate shipping in small quantities throughout the remainder of the year with all orders fulfilled by yearend. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience and the overwhelming interest we received in these instruments."

In fairness to the retailer, it is agreed that I can cancel my order with zero penalty - unless you include the interest that the money might have earned in a savings account.

Be seeing you.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    relic245 said:
    The contract is created at the point where they ship the order. In fact they are breaking the law by taking your money before they ship. That is a technicality though, almost all ecommerce companies work in the same way. 
    A Home Counties retailer that I'm too nice to name has e-mailed on three separate occasions to announce the postponed arrival of a limited run PRS model that I pre-ordered over six months ago.

From the PRS product web page.
    "Due to unanticipated circumstances, we are experiencing a delay in the delivery of our Reclaimed Limited guitars. We are working hard to get our next batch of Brauna fretboards to the factory and ready for continued production. Please know that all orders will be fulfilled as soon as possible. We anticipate shipping in small quantities throughout the remainder of the year with all orders fulfilled by yearend. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience and the overwhelming interest we received in these instruments."

In fairness to the retailer, it is agreed that I can cancel my order with zero penalty - unless you include the interest that the money might have earned in a savings account.

Is that for a reclaimed vela? My order is in a similar state with the Captain's store.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

• If they had anything about them as a shop they would honour the original price.   They shouldn't be taking customers money if they are going to give it back, just because they will lose out.  Now you lose out and that's not putting the customer first.

What they are saying is the preorder system is to sit on your cash and see how the gamble goes, putting the risk on any rises on the customer.  
  • Richtone always had lots of tokai guitars and we're active on the website for the forum for tokai. Always heard good things of them

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Maybe it's a flat earth issue

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I was having a nosebag on their site earlier, I swear to god I have more gear in my living room than they have in stock. 

I have had a couple of bad experiences with RichTone but they've generally been ok. This makes me think twice for future though. Fwiw, if I'd paid half upfront to start the finance ball rolling, I'd have gone full gonzo after the lead time wasn't met as you've basically paid a deposit and had you credit peeped at to get finance. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDE said:
    I was having a nosebag on their site earlier, I swear to god I have more gear in my living room than they have in stock. 

I have had a couple of bad experiences with RichTone but they've generally been ok. This makes me think twice for future though. Fwiw, if I'd paid half upfront to start the finance ball rolling, I'd have gone full gonzo after the lead time wasn't met as you've basically paid a deposit and had you credit peeped at to get finance
    Thus, it's entirely possible that having being accepted for a finance deal, you could be rejected for another even if you haven't taken up the initial agreement. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.