Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Helix no......RICHTONE tale of woe.

What's Hot

Comments

• NelsonP said:
    I think we all know from the other thread that Yamaha have whacked up the prices. So I'm guessing what has happened is:

They have taken your order, without having one in stock, then gone to Yamaha to buy one.
    Yamaha have told them the new wholesale price, which is now probably more than they would get from you
    ....so they have decided not to honour the order.

Not sure at what point a contract was created, or whether they can legally just cancel the order like that. What a ballache!

This. Sorry to hear about this as i suggested you order with them! They should honour the sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • i dont blame Richtone for cancelling my order - I said in an email if its not on its way by this Monday I'd cancel and buy elsewhere....at the time though of sending the email PMT's price was £1063 so still a good buy since then its gone up to £1199...now either way I wouldn't want to be sat waiting a few more weeks regardless - I'd have still opted to cancel. I'll either pay £1199 in the next few days or buy a minter used....time to ponder!!
  • It's a shame that the prices have been so all over the place. No doubt Yamaha are to blame for the changes and mess. At the end of the day, any store should honour any sale even if they make very little off it.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    Amplifire 12 suddenly looking alike a massive bargain if you don't need scribble strips, multiple in / outs and USB audio?
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/AMPLIFIRE12/multi-fx-units/atomic-amplifire-12-amp-tone-multi-effects-pedal

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    siraxeman said:

Global shipping? Always a waste of time. Much betterer sending via Air PLANE. Always.

I've read bad reviews on here re Hotrox, but not recalling reading bad of Richtone...but its quite possible I'd have missed it if so.

I thought there was some thread a while ago about Richtone, Tokai guitars and issues, but may have imagined it? Yeah I've noticed Hotrox getting some bad reviews, However, I've never had issues with them, apart from some strings which were corroded, but they replaced asap without any questions or me having to send them back.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited September 2017
    @RichToneMusic have an account here, but they don't seem to post much, they've not logged in for years
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    I'm also potentially selling mine (with box as well) if anyone is interested ;)
  • FarleyUK said:
    I'm also potentially selling mine (with box as well) if anyone is interested ;)
    If you went through Paypal proper, not Ppg, you might get PayPal credit. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Now having to chase up my refund.. .still not put my money back in my account. Not impressed!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    A cynical person might say you were being tested.
    Fortunately, I'm not cynical.
     ;) 
  • Got the helix 50% deposit refunded...they tell me the novation bag is refunded also but might take up to 48hrs to show up in my bank? ....the helix refund didn't???
  • siraxeman said:
    Got the helix 50% deposit refunded...they tell me the novation bag is refunded also but might take up to 48hrs to show up in my bank? ....the helix refund didn't???
    It's because it's not a matching bag
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The irony is that in the amount of man hours processing your refund etc they would prob be less out of pocket than if they just took the hit and sent you the helix at the old price. 
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    The irony is that in the amount of man hours processing your refund etc they would prob be less out of pocket than if they just took the hit and sent you the helix at the old price. 
    There is no man hours involved in processing a refund. It takes about 2 minutes. The hold up is either with the banks, or the shop haven't done it. 
  • JDE said:
    The irony is that in the amount of man hours processing your refund etc they would prob be less out of pocket than if they just took the hit and sent you the helix at the old price. 
    There is no man hours involved in processing a refund. It takes about 2 minutes. The hold up is either with the banks, or the shop haven't done it. 
    Buzzkill
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't know...I think there is more to it in terms of their admin, if they want to stay organised. Once they chased the supplier, emailed back our forum friend, etc, and it goes on, by the time they have done all that they may as well have just sold him it and thought 'well we haven't made much but this guy is happy and won't leave with a sour taste'. Now he has been messed about and it's on a public forum...

If it was Yamaha UK, they should have made an effort to just say he could have it for that price.

Btw, I did the same and ordered one that was due to land with Richtone at the low price, and they just shipped it. This was about a month ago, in between all the mental price changes.

• I don't know whether they'd have honoured the low price or not.. I never gave them the opportunity i said after my last phone call last week if their last promise of  'em coming into stock fell through again then by this week I was going to knock it on the head. Then Wednesday they emailed me to say sorry Yamaha have told them they won't have then for a few more weeks yet and so as per my last words to them they cancelled my order so I could buy elsewhere.

I'm away this weekend but pondering my options....i will buy a new or used one next week one way or the other.....
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092

I don't know...I think there is more to it in terms of their admin, if they want to stay organised. 

They sound organised.....

Just my 2p from running a business: process refunds as quickly as possible - it's their money, not mine. Admin is not the customer's problem, we can deal with it afterwards. Even if I have lost a sale, or goods have been returned or whatever, I would like to retain any future business with them by not mucking them about over their own money, which I have no actual right to be in possession of. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2347
    ^ Definitely. I certainly keep in mind how well I've been treated, and even if I returned something this time, I will likely buy again in the future if I'm treated decently.
  • just looked at richtones website for the first time since my order was cancelled...and after being told that Yamaha won't have 'em in stock for a few more weeks yet (as of last week...Wednesday!) and lo n behold they are showing them as in stock.So exactly what folks suspected seems to have been the case...they wanted out of the deal that I paid.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom