Incoming Morningstar MC6 - please help a "Midiot"

BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
edited September 2017 in FX
I have traded my El Capistan for some £ and a Morningstar FX MC6, so I am looking for some help. I am a total MIDI novice. So a few things:

I will be using it to control 3 big Strymons, but do I need a Chase Bliss Midibox to control the Brothers if I wanted to?

Can someone explain how banks/presets/scenes are organised? I'd like to use it to scroll between presets across all pedals, but it says each switch can send up to 8 midi messages, and I have no idea how this would work and what kind of messages I can send.

I'd be looking for a dedicated tap tempo switch, a means to switch off all effects at once, like an instant "dry patch", easy access to presets and scenes within those patches, and hold function. The Timeline and Big Sky have hold functions for delay oscillation/Reverb pads: can these functions on both pedals basically be handed over to the MC6?

It says it can be powered by phantom MIDI power, and for that I'd need a 7 pin to 5 pin midi cable. Any recommendations for one of these? Preferably right angled plugs, and also where on earth I can get some short midi cables to chain up the Strymons?

Apologies, I know I've asked a lot here, but as I said I'm midiotic. If you have (had) an MC6, please pass on your wisdom. Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments