Dr Z, Z-verb

What's Hot
edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
Just curious if anyone has had one of these?
Just got a Z Wreck which is epic and love a real spring reverb, so this seems to be a good option but no shops in the U.K. have one in stock to try.

Just bought a Guru Sinusoid, and whilst a great sounding real spring verb, it is very noisy with the Z wreck, will take it back first in case they sold me a duff one, but am thinking the Z verb would be a good fit.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What kind of noise are you getting? These small spring pedsls are notorious for picking up hum from a psu. Try moving it further away or orientating it differently. Also they tend to dux in fx loops all I tried are better in front.
  • Like a loud 50hz hum, could be a ground loop I guess.
    Have used in both in front and in the loop, same noise, have moved the pedal around, used it with a few different 9v adaptors and a vodoo land isolated power supply, all with the same results.
    shame really as the pedal is really nice, will take it back today to see if it is the same in the shop and maybe try a new one.
    still think I would prefer the Z verb, but peach want £850 for that now
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    z wreck is fantastic .....but just so bastard loud....I dont think many 100watt stacks can stand up to it
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    It might be worth trying something like a Big Sky.  Nice as spring reverb is, I do find that I prefer the plate style reverbs, and in a real life live situation having 3 sounds on each bank means that you can change the reverb at the touch of a single footswitch.  If you are like me, you might want a deep reverb as an effect now an again, but 90% of the time you will probably want something more subtle.le spring or plate to full on surf settings at the press of a single switch is really useful.
  • I have had a big sky and moved it on quite quickly. I use a Free the Tone Ambi space for my digital plate needs and it is very good for what it is.
    Swapped over the Sinusoid and it is epic, so looks like it was a duff one, but the shop did say they can be sensitive and whilst good have seen more issues than with digita pedals

still tempted by the Z verb..
  • Hmm good to know. I love the idea of the gurus. Might track one down.
  • I liked the sinusoid so much, I tried the echosex 2 limited edition and got that as well.

They both definitely have a bit more noise than my flight time and ambi space combo but the pros outweigh th cons in my book
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited September 2017
    edbolivar said:
    I liked the sinusoid so much, I tried the echosex 2 limited edition and got that as well.

They both definitely have a bit more noise than my flight time and ambi space combo but the pros outweigh th cons in my book
    Return the echo sex and wait for the Gurus t7e due imminently. I think that will be the mother of all binson tape delays.
  • I read about that on their website and will try it when it comes out, but love the simplicity of the Echosex.
    Not sure I need all the extra head settings for what I do, but will definitely give it a go when available
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • edbolivar said:
    I read about that on their website and will try it when it comes out, but love the simplicity of the Echosex.
    Not sure I need all the extra head settings for what I do, but will definitely give it a go when available
    Sweet :) happy either way is always the best option!
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Z verb is great, no other words needed, it's really good.