A Truly Proud Parental Moment.

So, the story goes that about three - four weeks ago we were approached to do a piece of music for a film to be released at the L.A. film festival.   We worked pretty tirelessly getting the demo together and awaited a response.  A few days late we get a message saying they loved it and could we do a second piece for another part.  Although it was obviously great news we were worked off our feet so we literally had to work extra time (i.e. through the night) to squeeze it in.  Never the less we did it and off it went for confirmation.  Again the response was astoundingly positive, although they asked for a few tweaks to length and form and whether we could record the final versions for this week.  My wife and kids then developed noro-virus and we loset the best part of 10 days, then last week was half term so time was tighter than ever.  This leads us up to yesterday and the 'truly proud parental moment'. 

We knew that yesterday was our best chance of getting final vocals and I needed to do a couple of guitar and harp parts.  We also however have to boys (3 & 5 tomorrow) to entertain and keep relatively quiet.  The elder on you can give a pack of paper and he will spend hours making models etc.  He like being around the music process and just checking in every now and again.  The younger one is a complete nightmare around the studio so I decided to take a different approach.  He is obsessed with whatever Daddy does so I sat him in my seat, gave him a set of headphones and got him to cue in and press record on each of my wife's vocal parts.  I expected it to be either a.) a disaster or b.) a novelty that wore of pretty quick.  In fact it was neither and he loved it and did it incredibly well. So much so the when I had to do my parts, whereas it would usually be a case doing that stuff side myself as well or explaining the whole process step-by-step to my technophobe wife, he did it all for me.

At the end of it he wanted to do his on little recording so not only did we get done just what we needed we also have an interesting take on "One, two three, four, five.  Once I caught a fish alive......."

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments