Expression pedal for Strymon Timeline

CDM83CDM83 Frets: 33
Hi all - i'm looking to start using an expression pedal to control the mix on my timeline. I have a Boss - FV-30H that I was hoping would work, but didn't have any success. Am I doing something wrong, or will that pedal just not work with it ? If not, what's the best/cheapest option ? Cheers 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think it's cos the pedal you have is high impedance. 

Theres a list on the Strymon website. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited September 2017
    I use FV-500 pedals
    if you are using the EXP socket [like wot I duzz] it don't matter if it's a 500L or a 500H
    note: the EXP jack needs a stereo cable, the IN and OUT jacks are mono cables 
    if you a jacking a guitar into the IN as a volume pedal, use the 500H
    if it's a volume pedal that don't have a guitar jacking into the IN [a pedal or keyboard going into it] use the 500L
    also, the 500H is mono, the 500L is stereo [which makes sense when you consider what is jacking into it]
    but either way.. if it's an EXP then if don't matter which one [so choose the H or L if you think maybe on occasion you'd need it to be a volume pedal instead for some reason]
    play every note as if it were your first
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited September 2017
    Clarky said:
    I use FV-500 pedals
    if you are using the EXP socket [like wot I duzz] it don't matter if it's a 500L or a 500H
    note: the EXP jack needs a stereo cable, the IN and OUT jacks are mono cables 
    if you a jacking a guitar into the IN as a volume pedal, use the 500H
    if it's a volume pedal that don't have a guitar jacking into the IN [a pedal or keyboard going into it] use the 500L
    also, the 500H is mono, the 500L is stereo [which makes sense when you consider what is jacking into it]
    but either way.. if it's an EXP then if don't matter which one [so choose the H or L if you think maybe on occasion you'd need it to be a volume pedal instead for some reason]
    I bow to your expertise on exp pedals. 

Although, my exp pedal would not work with my TC Flashback nor very well with my H9

both on the same list from Mission requiring a specific exp pedal along with Strymon

In the end I had to use an insert cable to run the signal through the volume pedal. 

That works well enough for the H9 considering I hardly use it. 

• CDM83CDM83 Frets: 33
    Thanks for this Clarky. ARe you saying, if i get a stereo cable - I can get my FV-30H to work ?
  • CDM83 said:
    Thanks for this Clarky. ARe you saying, if i get a stereo cable - I can get my FV-30H to work ?
    I think a stereo cable is required.