Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I want a new chorus pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• Fishboy7 said:

You should be able to get a Taiwan ce2 for £75 on eBay.  

This. Exactly what I paid for mine on here. 

Always thought the Moog sounded beautiful in the demo vids too. That and the Mr. Black Double Chorus. Go get one of those. Or a CE-2. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bit ironic that you can get an old CE-2 for considerably less than a CE-2W. Or is it? I dunno, the CE-2W has a couple of extra features that look very useful.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Bit ironic that you can get an old CE-2 for considerably less than a CE-2W. Or is it? I dunno, the CE-2W has a couple of extra features that look very useful.
    Isn't the Waza one supposed to get you closer to the original CE which is quite nice, as far as chorus can go.
  • I've had loads of chorus pedals recently. There's three great ones for less than £100

CE-2 (the Taiwanese ones)
    EHX Small Clone
    MXR M234

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have you looked at the Neunaber Chroma? Great with gain as it is a pitch shift.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    The Mr Black Doublechorus is really really great.
  • This is still the best I've found, and they pop up used from time to time:

https://carlmartin.com/chorus-xii/
  • I have had a ton of choruses over the years, Boss, Dod, TC SCF, Strymon Ola, Tortuga Martini, Neunaber Chroma and a few others I forget.

The Boss Waza CE2-W is fantastic, very close to a CE1 and thus to my Roland JC77 amp. And obviously has the CE2 setting as well.

So I still have that, but also will never be parted from my TC SCF which is more transparent and shimmery.

Highly rate the Waza.

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    edited September 2017
    Gonna try the CE-5 above for now, I’ll be getting shot of the corona when it lands, probably! I still fancy a waza though!....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    So, when the marketing bod (who I know off social media) launched the CE-2w he b2b'd it with my CE1 (the Waza has a CE1 mode) and he was pleased. I tried it at the Bham show- very impressed. Seriously impressed.

However, my answer is always the TC Stereo Chorus/Flanger - black box one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited September 2017
    just stumbled across this http://dmtrpedals.ru/product/analogworm-triangle-chorus/
    comparison with CE2 starts at 1:50

https://youtu.be/lJfAXBXA8Ns?t=1m51s

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Gassage said:
    So, when the marketing bod (who I know off social media) launched the CE-2w he b2b'd it with my CE1 (the Waza has a CE1 mode) and he was pleased. I tried it at the Bham show- very impressed. Seriously impressed.

Buying the TC SCF a few years ago stopped me swapping Chorus pedals
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    A few comments on here about how the Waza is great for CE1 tone, but what about CE2? Are there any good alternatives?
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited September 2017
    Yes, get CE2 waza if you can afford it.  

More affordable analogue chorus options:
    - that MXR one - new or used
    - Visual Sound Liquid Chorus (discontinued)
    - Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus (sonic replica of CE1) (discontinued)
    - Mooer Chorius Ensemble   (CE2 clone) - new
    - Biyang tonefancier (AKai) Chorus  (CE2 clone) - new
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• The Waza has a great CE2 also.

And for proper Ce1 sound you need stereo really. One side gets the modulation, the other not. That's what creates the wide image as heard on the Jazz Chorus amps 

• I'm a big fan of three chorus pedals especially - the visual sound liquid chorus (v2 onwards) is stunning, really thick and has loads of depth and speed available if you want it would be my Boss style pick.

I also love the dod FX 65. This is the one I stuck with, it's got a good Ce2 sort of sound but with a time knob that let's you get more warble. Down side is the flimsy switch - the case is tough as old boots but I'm fully expecting the switch to conk out one day.

Lastly, I'm a big fan of the electro harmonix small clone. Very different sounding, but super cool. Problem is it's poorly built - almost certainly better to find someone else to build you one. 
  • has anyone got a recommendation for a a chorus that does a good leslie sim?
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • Pete24v said:
    Gassage said:

Buying the TC SCF a few years ago stopped me swapping Chorus pedals
    This one always seem to get a lot of praise. Are all versions the same though? It's been around a long time.
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    Have you tried downloading some different toneprints for your Corona?  You may be able to find something you like.

I think there is a piece of software now to design your own toneprint.  Not tried it though.
  • The moog mini is still the best for me, lovely.