ELO Live at The BBC Radio 2

What's Hot
AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
Absolute, sheer and utter class.
Everyone on that stage is just amazing and who wouldn't want that drummer in their band?!?

Brilliant.
Thank you world for Jeff Lynne and ELO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06pk50c/radio-2-in-concert-jeff-lynnes-elo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The band is essentially Take Thats backing band. A couple of them are from Chris De Burghs band too. Basically a who’s who of quality session guys. 
  • Bassist Lee Pomeroy has worked with a lot of people in the prog rock world too, I saw him with the Gentle Giant offshoot Three Friends a few years back 
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    The band is essentially Take Thats backing band. A couple of them are from Chris De Burghs band too. Basically a who’s who of quality session guys. 
    Wow, I had no idea about that,

Thanks.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2017
    Wonderful stuff and saw them last year at The O2 and what a gig. Those songs, the musicianship - WOW!

Mike Stevens (musical director for both ELO and Take That and multi-instrumentalist) also plays in 10CC.

I've known Lee Pomeroy for a good few years (more pals with his brother), even when he was playing in local bands around Surrey and it's been wonderful seeing him coming up through the ranks, getting sessions here and there and then playing with Rick Wakeman, It Bites etc and then landing the Take That gig when they made their comeback. He's been with them ever since and it's lead to all sorts of wonderful things, including the ELO gig.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom