Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• And for only an extra £15 they'll make it a used one for you! 

Now I've seen everything!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    You can also pay an extra £25 for a special mains fuse!

Presumably they also sell 'audiophile grade' house ringmain wiring, consumer distribution units, and street cabling to the local substation as well, or upgrading just the last metre of a several hundred metre supply line would seem like a waste of money...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    For an extra £25.50 you can have it cryogenically frozen or have it burnt in for only £15.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    The mains plug is actually a generic one with its shroud removed and the two side edges filed flat.

Mind you, Hi-Fi is a pernickety piece of kit - I have a £350 cable connecting my CD player to the my pre-amp.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I dread to think how much  the Russ Andrews wind turbine will cost.
    There are so many ways to exploit the feeble minded.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2017
    ICBM said:

Presumably they also sell 'audiophile grade' house ringmain wiring, consumer distribution units, and street cabling to the local substation as well, or upgrading just the last metre of a several hundred metre supply line would seem like a waste of money...
    Just out of curiosity I changed the cable length from 1m to 2m ...the price went up by about £150. So...I'm struggling to see how that works. Is the plug and connectors the but that's worth £1200? If the cable is only £150 a meter you might as well go right to the substation  

Even better, see if you can find some locally sourced organic electricity for purer tone

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    <sigh> more Russ Andrews' bollocks questionable hokum - let's keep it civil people.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11288
    It's the audio equivalent of those £700 t-shirts you see in the Sunday supplements. It may do what it does very well, but so would something costing a fraction of the price.

ICBM said:

Just out of curiosity I changed the cable length from 1m to 2m ...the price went up by about £150. So...I'm struggling to see how that works. Is the plug and connectors the but that's worth £1200? If the cable is only £150 a meter you might as well go right to the substation  

Even better, see if you can find some locally sourced organic electricity for purer tone
    You're forgetting the highly skilled, expensive labour it takes to wire up a plug.
  • I'm actually the sort of contrary twat that if a mate bought one of these and turned up to a gig with it, I'd daisy chain it through as many coiled up b&q budget extension leads as I could lay my hands on ;) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And if you want to improve the quality of your colour printer.

http://www.russandrews.com/kimber-axios-usb-a-to-b/
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    I wonder how many of these they sell
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Plugs for mugs.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    robwright said:

Sigh! When you have nothing to say, slag off audiophiles. If you had simply tried one in your hi-fi system, you do have a hi-fi system?, and found that everything that RA wrote about it is bollox, your opinion would have some credibility. Without trying it out yourself, your opinion is mere conjecture [whatever the "experts" say]
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    robwright said:

Sigh! When you have nothing to say, slag off audiophiles. If you had simply tried one in your hi-fi system, you do have a hi-fi system?, and found that everything that RA wrote about it is bollox, your opinion would have some credibility. Without trying it out yourself, your opinion is mere conjecture [whatever the "experts" say]
    Sorry Mr Andrews - my bad! 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I know Russ Andrews stuff comes in for a lot of flak. Here's my 2p worth. I was given a Yell0 Power multi-block some 20 years or so ago. I was skeptical. However, if I had to choose which piece of equipment that made the biggest improvement to the hi-fi's sound, it was that multi-block. I wouldn't have bought one with my own cash though.....couldn't afford to then or now.

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's not the audio improvement i question, it's the seemingly overinflated prices. Can it really cost £500 to manufacture an IEC lead that you then go onto sell for £1500? 

• I bought one of these for my kettle. The tea tastes FANTASTIC.
    23reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053

Suddenly realised my life is a hollow shell, without meaning or form. Where's my credit card.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And for only an extra £15 they'll make it a used one for you! 

Now I've seen everything!
    I bet they just leave it plugged in and turned on for a 15 hours.  Essentially you're getting charged £1 per hour for burn in time.