Any NFL fans around?

What's Hot
I remember asking about NBA around here but there wasn't much interest.

American Football anybody? Being held at Wembley today should draw some fans, although both teams are pretty terrible.

https://nflstream.yahoo.com/ - for a free, legal stream.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615

Yeh, I enjoy altho not a huge fan.  have a lot of buddies in Pittsburg so have always followed the Steelers. Been 3 times to Steeler games and it much better being there than watching on the telly. Yanks have a real passion for their teams.Very friendly family orientated atmosphere. More like ouor rugby fans. Not like out football mobs when you have to keep your wits about you with opposition fans (or even your own - only fight I had at a W ham game was with another WHU supporter being a jerk )

Steelers were at Wembley couple of years back...thought would take kids but £200 a ticket...ridiculous

You think they are a bit namby pamby with all that padding but they take some huge hits. Research how my ex NFL stars are crippled for life & you will see how tough it is. But I do enjoy watching I if a god game and evenly matched teams too.

This is my fave Steeler q/back hit from last season...a tad late but OUCH !!!!

You even been an NFL match ? If you over there should be on your bucket list to soak in the whole day with the car pack tail gate bbq's & beers LOL

Recent years I enjoyed watching the Penguins Ice Hockey more than the NFL though

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkr said:

Yeh, I enjoy altho not a huge fan.  have a lot of buddies in Pittsburg so have always followed the Steelers. 

Wahey - fellow Steelers fan here!

I've been to a few of the Wembley games, they're good but tbh I prefer watching an american feed at home instead. I've not yet managed to get to a game in the states though.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I once went to a game and I'm sorry to say it was one of the most boring 12 hours (that's how long it felt like) of my life.
    Has to be said though, I'm not a great fan of team games.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    bazxkr said:

Yeh, I enjoy altho not a huge fan.  have a lot of buddies in Pittsburg so have always followed the Steelers. 

Wahey - fellow Steelers fan here!

I've been to a few of the Wembley games, they're good but tbh I prefer watching an american feed at home instead. I've not yet managed to get to a game in the states though.
    Another Steelers fan here.  My wife bought me tickets when they were at Wembley.

Good to see the Ravens getting stuffed.
  • PabloPablo Frets: 38
    edited September 2017
    Falcons fan. I’ve been watching since 2012. On a game by game basis they’re normally an exciting team to watch, although not without their frustrations..

I watched the 2012 NFC championship game against the 49ers where they ended the first half 24-14 up, only to concede 14 points without reply in the aecond half.

Then I was at Wembly where they were up 21-0 at the half time, only to concede 22 without reply in the second half.

Those gave me some preparation for more recent disappointments, which we don’t really need to go into..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I enjoy watching the BBC2 catch up shows and keeping an eye but I've not stayed up for the Superbowl. I used to be well into it in junior school when it first started being shown on Channel 4 and for some reason I decided that the Dolphins were my team. Probably a combo of Dan Marino, Mark "Super" Duper and the colour of their uniform. Still follow them now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited September 2017
    Today's game a strange one  - absolutely nothing from Ravens  (slight favourite pregame) and explosion from Jags who are a true mystery this season... 

They've made the total score spread on their own. 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615

Go Steelers Go ! Can't believe other Steeler fans on here....nothing like a score and 50000 fans waving the terrible towels haha Get some looks cos as a family we have heaps of Steeler gear to wear & get Americans come up to us smiling expecting us to be Yankies & are stunned when they find out we are all limeys LOL

Last game I saw in Pittsburg we spent the 4 hrs after the game eating and drinking in the local Hooters....that was probably the best 12 hours of my life haha

November & about -10...damned cold...but the guys were prepared...gave us heated gloves and hat haha They know their weather !

• Hard Knocks HBO series is pretty good - this year's Buccaneers team appears to be very interesting.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Used to watch it when it was on C4 years ago - still catch the odd game on the net and the BBC site.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    edited September 2017
    I have a Ravens cap, but I only because it's purple and has a bird on it. And New Era only seem to make wicking hats with NFL teams
    My V key is broken
  • Yup, Lions!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Calling @joneve ...
  • Pats fan , been following it since 1985 (so well before the Pats were good...) . I actually got into it by playing a game where every single player in the NFL had a stats card and you had to choose your whole
    line up for each and every play for offensive and defense. Cant remember the name of it, but for sure that was a very slow autumn in Yorkshire
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    edited September 2017
    Nitefly said:
    Calling @joneve ...
    Hola! 

Seahawks fan here...Have been since I lived there back in early 2000 and ended up falling in love with the sport. 

Start of this season, in general, has been great. The finishes to some of the early kick off's last night were insane! 

Anyone with Sky, that doesn't have the sports package - you can watch 7 hours of NFL Redzone on Sky Sports Mix (channel 121) every Sunday. It's literally heaven. All the big plays from all the games, and none of the shit. 
  • I'm nominally a Seahawks fan because I've got family out in Seattle and have been a few times. It's not a patch on the WWE stuff though! Now that's a real sport! ;)

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Anyone else have a fantasy team?

I had a nightmare last night.  I'm beginning to think drafting Cam Newton in the hope of him regaining his 2015 form was a mistake.  43.8 passer rating last night.  Ouch.

Travis Kelce 1 measly receiving yard, and Jay Ajayi 16 yards rushing against the Jets.  The Jets?*!?*?
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    I'm nominally a Seahawks fan because I've got family out in Seattle and have been a few times. It's not a patch on the WWE stuff though! Now that's a real sport! ;)
    Whereabouts? I used to live out in Issaquah. I absolutely love the PNW. 

crunchman said:

I had a nightmare last night.  I'm beginning to think drafting Cam Newton in the hope of him regaining his 2015 form was a mistake.  43.8 passer rating last night.  Ouch.

Travis Kelce 1 measly receiving yard, and Jay Ajayi 16 yards rushing against the Jets.  The Jets?*!?*?
    Yep, I'm in two leagues. I'm shitting the bed in one, and doing OK in the other. Ironically the one I'm shitting the bed in, I scored an A grade draft score. FFS. 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2017
    joneve said:
    I'm nominally a Seahawks fan because I've got family out in Seattle and have been a few times. It's not a patch on the WWE stuff though! Now that's a real sport!
    Whereabouts? I used to live out in Issaquah. I absolutely love the PNW.
    They've got a house in Bellingham and another in Everett ...also some kind of beach house in Chuckanut Bay and a boat they take out in the San Juan islands. I gather my uncle is/was some kind of large fromage in Boeing.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • crunchman said:

Always wanted to play and was very close this year but not enough people interested.

I do play NBA fantasy though.

Legionreturns
    said:
    I'm nominally a Seahawks fan because I've got family out in Seattle and have been a few times. It's not a patch on the WWE stuff though! Now that's a real sport! ;)

Hawks fan here too!