Jagstang pickup suggestions

I fancy changing the pickups in my jagstang.
The bridge pickup seems to sound muddy and lacks clarity and i’ve never really liked the neck pup apart from out of phase.
so i’de like it to have more clarity but not too hot, and not grungy.
The vibrato is locked down and i dont want to swap the bridge out as some do for a tune-o-matic.
i was thinking also of possible a rewire for the originals also.
So, any suggestions chaps?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a 1962 jaguar which sounds sublime, and the closest thing I’ve heard to it is a mojo pickups jag set, with A3 magnets. Would thoroughly recommend Marc’s Work, as will several others here. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    edited September 2017
    i was thinking also of possible a rewire for the originals also.
    So, any suggestions chaps?
    The slider switches are an on/on/on type. It is the jumper wire connections between the terminals that make it perform as an on/off/on. 

If you intend to retain a single coil-sized neck position pickup, it makes sense to leave its switch configured as on/off/reverse.

That makes it possible to rejig the switch for the bridge position pickup in several possible ways.

Alternatively, steal an idea from Fender's own Mustang 90 model. Replace the bridge position pickup with a humbucker-sized P90 or a Seymour Duncan P-Rails.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I put a Seymour Duncan JB in mine which is a huge improvement over the stock pickup. 

Keep meaning to get a Texas Special for the neck. 
  • Dimarzio HS2 for the neck and a pearly gates for the bridge.  No hun and a real nice sounding set. 
  • I put a Seymour Duncan JB in mine which is a huge improvement over the stock pickup. 

Keep meaning to get a Texas Special for the neck. 
    Have you left the neck pup on yours stock?