Taking bets!

What's Hot
NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
I recently won an eBay auction for a guitar, and can see that on Friday morning, the seller sent it via a Parcelforce 48 hour service. Unfortunately, this means that the guitar will have been kicking about (probably literally) in a depot over the weekend.

So, place your bets Ladies and Gentlemen, will it be OK, or damaged beyond repair by the time I get it? :)

Hoping the seller used a bit of common sense when packaging! 
**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Very long odds it won't be smashed to smithereens if it's a Gibson.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Is it in a case? 
    It should be fine, tbh. Parcelforce depots, unless they're very small ones, are nearly always staffed and once the consignments are assigned to a bay, they're not moved, unless something big comes in. If it was very hot or very cold I'd be concerned but I reckon us destroying the planet and effectively cancelling Autumn means your guitar should be fine.
  • I'be never had a problem with Parcelforce, sending or receiving. My Epi Les Paul arrived from ebay in just a binbag half-wrapped around the hard case. They left it at the post office, five minutes walk to pick it up. Easy to print off labels and drop off at the depot as well. Most couriers are a nightmare if they deliver when you're not in. Not guitar-related, but I tried to collect a package from FedEx last week. They gave me the wrong tracking number, then left a card with a website address that didn't exist, I tried phoning the depot but they wouldn't answer, eventually got onto the website and arranged to pick it up, arrived there and they said they'd sent it out again and left it a neighbour's!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "If" you get it.....
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    If it is damaged hope it wasn't expensive as Parcelforce won't cover guitars over 150 imperial credits.

That's the seller problem but still not nice! I hope it arrives safe and sound.

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Quick update (in case anyone cares). Guitar arrived yesterday, very well packaged. Guitar heavily bubble wrapped inside a well padded gig-bag which was also stuffed with rolled up newspaper to fill the gaps. All packaged inside a large wooden box which also had a crap load of bubble wrap inside.

Guitar is nothing exciting to the majority on here, just a Vintage branded SG, but it was a bargain, and I was looking for something cheap to have a play around with and put some P90s in (I was also lacking in the 'hardtail' area, so this fills that gap for me again since I part exchanged a couple of guitars to get my PRS).

It needs a new set of strings and a bit of a clean up, but the action seems perfect for me, so not a lot to do to it to make it as I like. One thing I did last night though, as it was bugging me, was to remove some numbered fret stickers the previous owner had put on, obviously as an aid to learning. Not sure why they couldn't just use the dots on the side of the fretboard but hey ho :)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**