Beat buddy..

TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
Been thinking of getting one of these for my solo stuff. I understand that you can now add bass to the midi files. 

Anyone having luck using them? Good for live? Easy or a pIta? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had one, and it did a good job. It's better withthe optional footswitch for live play...but it's not a patch on a trio+

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I had one, and it did a good job. It's better withthe optional footswitch for live play...but it's not a patch on a trio+
    How come? I view the trio plus as more of a improvisation tool, rather than a live performance one. not so?
  • It's definitely both. Saving 5 parts of a song and sequencing them and saving it to memory can absolutely make live use a joy! 

• It's definitely both. Saving 5 parts of a song and sequencing them and saving it to memory can absolutely make live use a joy! 
    Is it still the case that it's really easy to accidentally alter the saved parts? (this was internet wisdom on the original, I've never used one) 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2017
    You'd have to twiddle one of the knobs... But your question could also be phrased "Is it really easy to alter an existing song if you want to try something different" ...so yes. I think doing it by accident would be hard, and very easy to undo even if you managed it.

• I got one but not for live, I'm a guitar tutor so I use it to jam with students if doing soloing or even chord work, to help keep them in time. Its really good and the drums sound like a real kit. So just like a drummer apart from the banter and the fact you can't take the piss out of him.
  • Hmm, well I am not loooking for a jamming tool, I use logic for that (with drummer) what I want to do is have a set track, that will be te same everytime, providing bass and maybe drums. Will be doing some covers with the device... The nice thing about Beat Buddy I thought is that you can upload a midi file, so get the real thing. That is why I'm looking that way.