DOD Carcosa

What's Hot
ewalewal Frets: 2582
Anyone tried the DOD Carcosa? I've got a voucher for Merchant City Music and it's the only thing they have that's taken my eye (and is affordable).
The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited September 2017
    I had one. Decent enough fuzz but with some guitars (strats) at gig volumes it was too toppy for me. It also has the most ridiculously bright LED I've seen on a pedal, even worse than the StoneDeaf warp drive I briefly endured. 

Personally I'd much rather have a Zvex Mastotron or Fuzzolo for similar money, but it's not a bad pedal by any means.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2582
    edited September 2017
    Hmmm... I mainly use neck humbuckers and I'm not averse to a bit of toppy'ness, as I was thinking I'd use it as an occasional effect to do emaciated and scratchy solo lines. So might be worth a punt. The only other alternative would be something like a nice guitar strap... yawn...
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2892
    I had one for a while. Fun to use at home but I found it a bit useless in a band. Too compressed and mushy sounding at volume for me.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    i want one
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Was good fun, but too bright overall. Wouldn't buy another.