Can you please school me on Pedal Switchers?

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
Obviously I get the concept. But not something I had thought about until I saw a guy with the new Boss on Saturday night. I use 5-6 pedals. The Boss seems expensive, but there are cheaper Mooer, Jojo and Voodoo Labs. Are these essentially the same?  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Depends on what you need. 
    Just switching around 5/6 pedals?
    Need amp channel switching too?
    Midi?
    Need to re order pedals on a patch by patch basis??

id suggest writing down your requirements then look at what matches. 

The Boss and G2 will do all of the above, others will do some or most of the above. 

How much do you want to spend?

I have the Glab gsc3 and it's awesome, does all of the above except re ordering, but I don't need that side of it anyway, as my few pedals are where I want them. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Actually what would've been ideally for you would have been the DPC 8EZ from disaster Area which I recently sold on eBay. I throughly recommended them but they are expensive new as you have to buy from the US so buy second hand. They do come up on here sometimes 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    I have a couple here....

WOBO A/B switcher with invert switch and able to run A, B, A and B and switch between etc £25 too minimal for you....

Moen GEC8 programmable loop switcher. £80 this can loop up to 8 pedals and is programmable

Brightonion 6 way looper £65 on and off for 6 pedals, also with a kill switch to turn them all off. 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/113080/fx-for-sale-a-whole-varied-bunch-up-for-grabs#latest
  • It's about features. The boss ones are excellent. Order swapping and parallel mixing as well as fully functional midi. 

If you don't need those get a cheaper one.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I don't need Midi. I'm guessing order swapping means you can change the order of the chain. Don't knwow hat Parallel Mixing means, so do I need it? LOL! 
  • Parallel mixing can allow trail spill over from pedals that don't have. Or simultaneous processing of two fx without feeding one into the other (reverb and delay for example).

Yes pedal order swapping is changing the chain from preset to preset.
  • Typically I use one to smash people, who use the lame American term "school me", over the head.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    I can add Buzz Electronics to the list. Had a programmable looper for a few years and it worked perfectly.
  • another to add to the boss&G2 list is the MusicomLab EFX-V & LE
    very similar to the boss switchers, but 1 more loop, LE has 6 and V has 9 loops.
    they've just re-modelled the enclosures to be a bit more like the boss 1's and they are slightly cheaper and smaller.
    we've just started importing them, arriving this wk!
    have a read of the features: https://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product-category/loop-switchers/musicomlab/
    depending on the features you want, you cannot go wrong with a G2, an ES5 / 8 or EFX LE / V starting soon these will be the only switchers we will be selling.
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    That’s very similar to the boss indeed!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 135
    The Carl Martin octaswitch mk 2 and 3  are pretty good value .... good build quality , I've used mine for a year plus ... and had no issues . Just use the dip switches to select your loop configuration... 
  • another to add to the boss&G2 list is the MusicomLab EFX-V & LE
    very similar to the boss switchers, but 1 more loop, LE has 6 and V has 9 loops.
    they've just re-modelled the enclosures to be a bit more like the boss 1's and they are slightly cheaper and smaller.
    have a read of the features: https://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product-category/loop-switchers/musicomlab/
    depending on the features you want, you cannot go wrong with a G2, an ES5 / 8 or EFX LE / V starting soon these will be the only switchers we will be selling.
    Musicom stuff looks interesting mate - would be interested to hear your thoughts on them when they arrive.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited September 2017
    another to add to the boss&G2 list is the MusicomLab EFX-V & LE
    I was very nearly going to go for a musicomlab switcher but put off by the lack of video tuition which I found imperative with the Boss units. If they're similar and one is not to used to these midi switching systems then that was vital for me. Maybe that will change if you've become a U.K. dealer now?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/