Ampmaker - p1800 availability? Loverocker?

What's Hot
Does anyone know what's going on with Ampmaker?

I've been after a p1800 kit since Easter sort of time, but it hasn't been in stock for months.

Phone calls and emails go unanswered.

This isn't the Barry Loverocker/Ampmaker I know and love. I bought and built a Se5a a couple of years back and he was extremely attentive. Is the guy OK do we know?

I'm looking at buying from Modulus at the moment, but I prefer the powerscaling options on the Ampmaker - plus I trust the Ampmaker brand having had such a great experience in the past.

Any clues?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    Hi Mate, keep trying, I have heard he is not very well from a third party, but I have not spoken to him directly so can't say for sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    Hi @Modulus_Amps - thanks for the info.

No offence about going with Ampmaker over you guys! Sorry I didn't realise you were on here! I simply meant that I'd had a good experience in the past so that's what you tend to stick with :)

The Modulus looks to be a good kit at a good price - with the added bonus of the Trem option which isn't offered from Ampmaker...

So maybe Modulus but with a variable voltage mod? 

And Barry, if you're out there and you not doing so good - get well soon, mate!

tFB Trader
    Hi Danny, no offense taken, Barry has done the amp building community a real service with his documented amp building guides, I just don't have the time to do detailed guides like that, also they kind of blur the lines between who is liable for the builders training/safety.

I have a VVR kit available, contact me by PM if you want to talk over options, but honestly I would take no offense if you managed to get hold of Barry for another kit, I actually thought he stopped those kits when his transformer maker retired earlier this year and that was the delay, so I was surprised/saddened to find out he was struggling with health issue again.
    tFB Trader
    I see on his website he is open again and shipping...... but he does clearly say that kit will be available later in the year.
    Yes, I noted that he said he'd be back off hols 18th Sept, which is why I was hanging on, but that date's been and gone and still no answer. The 'Temporarily Out Of Stock' message has been the p1800 page for some months now.

Thanks for the info, I'll be in touch.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3137
    tFB Trader
    I ordered some perf boards from Barry on the 19th and they arrived on the 21st, so definitely there
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

Ah, OK - good to know!