SORTED - Amp covers

What's Hot
CastroCastro Frets: 512
edited September 2017 in Amps
Hey fellow fretboarders

I need covers made for an amp head and a 2 x 12 speaker cabinet. I've used Roqsolid and they're pretty good but I'd like some alternatives.

Who do you recommend?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MartinBMartinB Frets: 187
    Hotcovers are nice, I've just had one done for my combo. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Hotcovers did one for my EVH 50 w and also my Victory - fast, great price - can't fault them

• I've bought 2 from Hot Covers for my little combo amps, they're very good.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Hotcovers for the padded leatherette type.
    Roqsolid for the nylon type.

The Hotcovers type are better for protection against bumps, but a pain to fold and store.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    Didn't Hotcovers used to be a bit shady? Sounds like they're a bit more reliable now which is good.

Always used Roqsolid myself.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Bidley said:
    Didn't Hotcovers used to be a bit shady? Sounds like they're a bit more reliable now which is good.

I think that was Silverstone chap. Hotcovers have always been good as far as I can remember.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3137
    tFB Trader
    I use Roqsolid covers with the extra thick padding
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    photek said:
    Bidley said:

I think that was Silverstone chap. Hotcovers have always been good as far as I can remember.
    Well remembered. I take it all back!
  • ICBM said:
    Hotcovers for the padded leatherette type.
    Roqsolid for the nylon type.

The Hotcovers type are better for protection against bumps, but a pain to fold and store.

This is my experience too.

You can order Roqsolid with extra padding these days, which I haven't tried - but I'd imagine it's just going to make them harder to fold... can't get something for nothing!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited September 2017
    photek said:
    Bidley said:

Hotcovers always been great when I've used them, as have Roqsolid.  I think it was Silverstone that had some issues.
  • photek said:
    Bidley said:

Yeah in an old band the other guitarist ordered a case from there, it never turned up, I don't think he got his money back and the site went bust.
  • +1 for hotcovers.
  • I've used Hotcovers before but consistently gone to Roqsolid after wards. Nothing wrong with Hotcovers but Rocksolid offer a few more optional well thought out extras :)

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • As above.

silverstone are good - I ordered a couple of covers from them and had no issues at all.  They also can do extra padding etc.
    But other people  had problems with  them not turning up.
  • RiftAmps said:
    I use Roqsolid covers with the extra thick padding
    Wisdom; so do I.  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Cardboard box and a shed load of gaffatape. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Cardboard box and a shed load of gaffatape. 
    Don't laugh, this works very well. Find the right size box, cut the top flaps off, turn it upside down and cut a hole for the amp handle. Reinforce every edge, corner and the handle hole with gaffer tape and it will last for years. I had one for my Fender Super Champ that went on buses and in cars etc and held up very well. Just not very waterproof :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Cardboard box and a shed load of gaffatape. 
    Don't laugh, this works very well. Find the right size box, cut the top flaps off, turn it upside down and cut a hole for the amp handle. Reinforce every edge, corner and the handle hole with gaffer tape and it will last for years. I had one for my Fender Super Champ that went on buses and in cars etc and held up very well. Just not very waterproof :).
    That's why I put a bin liner over it fir.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hot covers are great quality.

i have made my own too, by upcycling an old yellow hi-viz jacket. It made an excellent waterproof/reflective dust cover for one of my combos.
    There's actually more crossover than I thought... today I was working on an amp which had a padded fabric cover on it - not sure if nylon or something else, it feels slightly different - turned out to be a Hotcovers :). Nicely made, if slightly harder to fold than the plain nylon type.