Fx not working with acoustic?

What's Hot
I used to use a wah pedal during solo acoustic sets but recently the effect has been much less pronounced - to the point it's almost no change at all. I've also noticed the same problem with my TC Sub n Up pedal.
Both work perfectly with an electric and I'm sure they used to work fine with the acoustic but I'm stuck as to why they don't now. 
Any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Does the acoustic have a pickup?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah it's a shadow preamp with piezo pickup. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    Battery going down in the preamp?

Drastic EQ setting on the preamp EQ in order to offset the shitty sound of it? ;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I did wonder about the battery, I change it fairly regularly as I get a load from work but I can't remember if I've tried the fx straight after a battery change. 
    Its actually one of the nicest electros I've heard to be fair! It's a Faith Saturn fwiw, got it years ago for a ridiculously good price and it completely blew away the Martins, Taks and Simon Patrick I tried at the time. So there! 
  • ^ smiley no worky. 
    I did wonder about the battery, I change it fairly regularly as I get a load from work but I can't remember if I've tried the fx straight after a battery change. 
    Its actually one of the nicest electros I've heard to be fair! It's a Faith Saturn fwiw, got it years ago for a ridiculously good price and it completely blew away the Martins, Taks and Simon Patrick I tried at the time. So there! 
    I don't doubt that it's a nice guitar, but I absolutely detest every Shadow piezo system I've ever heard. Horrible, horrible piezo "tone".

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Fair one dude :)

More seriously, how are you setting the EQ? That's really what I meant - if you've got the bass up high and the mids and the treble low, a wah will probably seem to not do much, since its frequency sweep is in the mid-treble range. I'm not familiar with the TC so I can't comment on that.

Try changing the battery first though :).