Help needed for SSH wiring

What's Hot
I'm looking for some guidance in wiring a ssh scratchplate.
The scratchplate has 1vol,1tone as all my Strats are converted to 2 hole plates as the regular volume knob just gets in my way.
The question is,how do I make the Humbucker "see" 500k and the singles 250k,as there's always this huge tone compromise which I hate,lifeless Humbucker,or overly bright singles.
ive been told recently,that you can put some sort of resistor ????
in the pathway,to rectify the problem.
Although,it will only work on a regular 3 hole plate, not one with 2 holes.
Can anyone help me with this problem please ?

Many thanks,
Snazzy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It is possible to purchase dual-ganged, stacked pots in which one half is 500k and the other is 250k. Each portion governs one half" of the pickup array.

It is also possible to compromise on the volume pot resistance. Say, in the region of 330 - 440k. Somebody will be along shortly to suggest a far more precise resistance value. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    It's very easy to use a 470k resistor to give an effective 250k pot value for the singles, with a 500k for the humbucker.

It's actually easier with only one tone control. How do you want the tone connected - as a master tone, just on the single coils, or just on the humbucker?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I'd like to have a master tone control which works on the singles,and humbucker
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    That makes things very easy. All you need to do is connect the tone control to the volume control connection on the switch (or directly to the volume control if you prefer), then you can use the second side of the switch to select the 470K resistor in the single-coil positions.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein