Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your number ONE album when your where at college?

What's Hot

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was quite an angry young man...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Rocker said:
    All I remember from that time was that Slayed by Slade [I might have the album title wrong] was played a lot over the college PA system..
    Those were the days @Rocker ; :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    edited September 2017
    My college years were around the time of AFD and Nevermind...  but I was listening to Led Zeppelin II, shred and NWOBHM. Wearing the Bay Area Thrash uniform (black skin tight jeans, white high tops and a Master of Puppets T).

This, I think, explains my lack of female companionship during those years. 
    Did you have the obligatory bouffant hair-do at the time though @mudslide73 ;  ;)  
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • equalsql said:
    My college years were around the time of AFD and Nevermind...  but I was listening to Led Zeppelin II, shred and NWOBHM. Wearing the Bay Area Thrash uniform (black skin tight jeans, white high tops and a Master of Puppets T).

Did you have the obligatory bouffant hair-do at the time though @mudslide73 ;)  
    I had the full Daltrey/Plant ringlets mate @equalsql . In fact I was told I looked a lot like a young Hetfield - again not much use in a college full of trendies.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• @stimpsonslostson ;

In your defence we're closer to 2040 than 1990 so I'll forgive you... :-)

My university days were very much soundtracked by Ash (Free All Angels, mostly) and Snow Patrol (songs for polar bears and when it's all over... - - - i.e. Before they got rubbish) 

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited September 2017
    Lebarque said:
    Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
    Same for me. And Rage Against the Machine and Use Your Illusion if I remember correctly. 

Being a huge DL fan, I listened a lot to Adrenalize too.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    equalsql said:

Did you have the obligatory bouffant hair-do at the time though @mudslide73 ;)  
    I had the full Daltrey/Plant ringlets mate @equalsql . In fact I was told I looked a lot like a young Hetfield - again not much use in a college full of trendies.

That you on the left? You look more like Dave Mustaine. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

•  <3 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Hmmmm..... two come straight to mind...
    Sisters of Mercy, Floodland.  Loved "This Corrosion"   a load of old nonsense but liked it.  Still sort of like it.

And Philip Glass, "Koyaanisqatsi"  which has definitely stood the test of time.

• Vol 4, by Black Sabbath. What an album. It might still be in my top 10.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    81-84, and I can't remember what my favourite albums were then except to say that it's reasonably certain they weren't released between 81 and 84.

Thinking about it, probably:
    Led Zep 1-4
    Taste's On The Boards
    Deep Purple's Machine Head
    Groundhogs' Split.
    Blues breakers, John Mayall with Eric Clapton
  • At college (it was 2002) I rediscovered grunge. During that period I listened to everything from The Melvins to Screaming Trees. 

"Apple" by Mother Love Bone was the most played album.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30889
    Tough one, but...

Rattus Norvegicus- Stranglers.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I left school and started as an apprentice sparky in 1991. There was some pretty good rock music around that time. The tail end of hair metal & the beginning of grunge. However the album that done it for me around that time was The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker.
  • Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Chilis 
    I wore out 2 tapes in 3 years
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    edited October 2017
    I was a mature student so didn't do it that way. But at the trad college age for me , it was GnR, Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Dogs D'Amour and the Quireboys (and that's how we looked).  
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

Ocean Colour Scene - Moseley Shoals

I went to college dressed in a 3 piece suit, wearing a parka, in the mid 90s. I stood out a fair bit lol. Most people thought I was a lecturer.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    RobDavies said:
    I didn't go to college..... left school at sixteen and got a job at Studiospares when they were still in Camden Town. 
    My commute from Uxbridge to Camden every day was accompanied mostly by Vio-Lence's Eternal Nightmare album. 

You should see the baseball shirt I got a couple of months ago.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    In 6th form in was in a death metal band so in was listening to stuff like Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Atheist, Carcass and so on, as well as Maiden and Rainbow. Trouble was a massive discovery atbthe town and then the demos from Anathema and At The Gates.