Seagull excursion folk guitar

Im looking for a small body acoustic and have been drawn to the seagull. Have played my ephiphone  jumbo for many years and now I fancy a change in size/sound. Anyone played one? Any comments  welcome.
Cheers  
Kev
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RonanFRonanF Frets: 7
    I had a Seagull C6 and thought it was very good. I played it for a couple of years before giving it to my brother when I bought a Martin DM. It's still going strong in his custody.

It's a very well made guitar and sounds great. I always thought it was excellent value for money.

Definitely play one before you buy one, as the neck (on the C6 anyway) is surprisingly wide. It's not uncomfortable or difficult to play, but it's noticeably wider than my Martin.  
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Thanks for the info. Im going to try the excursion with the narrower nut width. Also the s6 coastline and the sigma 000 m15. Seems to be alot of praise for the mahogany top sigma on another recent thread. I should be able to try all of these at my local shop in aberdeen. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    I've had my Seagull Mahogany Folk Artist for over 20 years now, and it's still going strong - cedar top on a mahogany body. 

Agree with @RonanF about the wide neck, although I soon got used to it.

Satin finish, so can be prone to dings and knocks.

• cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    I had a Seagull S6 and it was a great guitar so I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Seagull. I only sold it as I am a stocky shirt arse and it was too uncomfortable to play !! It felt better built and sounded better than my GS mini. 
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Im 5 foot 4 and also a bit of a stocky short arse. Aint got the biggest  hands either. I seem to manage playing on a classical  guitar with a 52mm nut width. Looking forward  to trying the coastline s6. Might suit me ok. Heres hoping.